corner corner Book search: country & status

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Book search: country & status

I was wondering if it is possible to add the function to specify the results of a book-search by country and status, meaning to filter out all other results but the country one lives in and then possibly to rank the list by availability.

Now I often have to search multiple pages for an available book in the Netherlands by means of clicking on every member having registered the book, for the list sorts by city apparently. This is a tedious task. Also all the traveling books (the bulk of the list) are of no importance when looking for a copy to be traded.

Love to hear if this is possible. Even the later request would be a great plus for it really shortens the scrolling of the list of registered books.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was wondering if it is possible to add the function to specify the results of a book-search by country and status, meaning to filter out all other results but the country one lives in and then possibly to rank the list by availability.

Now I often have to search multiple pages for an available book in the Netherlands by means of clicking on every member having registered the book, for the list sorts by city apparently. This is a tedious task. Also all the traveling books (the bulk of the list) are of no importance when looking for a copy to be traded.

Love to hear if this is possible. Even the later request would be a great plus for it really shortens the scrolling of the list of registered books.
Profile Image
I'm always in favor of more specific search options, but the existing search may give you a little more of what you want.

If you use the advanced-search option to look for specific titles, limiting the category to "available" and sorting by location, you will at least be able to group the available-status books by country. You'd still have to page through the list to find the section on the specific country you're looking for - and as the "location" is that of the most recent journal entry, not necessarily that of the person who registered the book, you'd have to click on each book to read the JEs - but for a relatively short list of books this might be helpful. [Of course, "available"-status doesn't necessarily mean that the book is available for trade, but it is a place to start.]

If that's what you're already doing, then never mind! (Though your comment about the status codes suggest you didn't see the advanced-search option to limit the results by status; maybe that'll be helpful.)
Profile Image

If that's what you're already doing, then never mind! (Though your comment about the status codes suggest you didn't see the advanced-search option to limit the results by status; maybe that'll be helpful.)

You're absolutely right. I did use the advanced option in the past, but have forgotten that lately, but that does not solve the problem of sifting through the entire list for a book nearby. Selecting by country would help tremendously keeping trades less costly (postage). I do know some members do not even enter a country in their profile, but also filtering them out eventhough they might live in your country is not a bad thing.
Profile Image
This is especially so for books in the English language offcourse. For Dutch books the list is a lot smaller and those almost certainly are based in The Netherlands or Belgium. ;-) But I love to read English books.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.