corner corner Begin page titles with the most informative part

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Begin page titles with the most informative part

Please change the title of the bookcrossing pages so that it starts with more useful information. At the moment the title is e. g. “Bookcrossing - Forum thread - Begin page titles with the most informative part”. If you have opened several browser tabs you can only read “Bookcrossing - …” (whereas the favicon already shows that this is a Bookcrossing page).

I think it’s a good idea to choose the page title like “Begin page titles with the most informative part – Forums – Bookcrossing” (or even skip the last part). So you would at least see “Begin page ti…” in your browser tab. That’s also useful for browser bookmarks.

PS: Yes, I discovered this Bugs-Forum today :-)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Please change the title of the bookcrossing pages so that it starts with more useful information. At the moment the title is e. g. “Bookcrossing - Forum thread - Begin page titles with the most informative part”. If you have opened several browser tabs you can only read “Bookcrossing - …” (whereas the favicon already shows that this is a Bookcrossing page).

I think it’s a good idea to choose the page title like “Begin page titles with the most informative part – Forums – Bookcrossing” (or even skip the last part). So you would at least see “Begin page ti…” in your browser tab. That’s also useful for browser bookmarks.

PS: Yes, I discovered this Bugs-Forum today :-)
Profile Image
This is a feature request, not a bug report... mind if I move it to the appropriate forum section?
Profile Image
Yeah, because it’s a thing that doesn’t break a function (but helps to make the site more useable), it could be moved to feature requests. Thank you!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.