corner corner Forum posts - time of the post

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Forum posts - time of the post

Currently, when looking at the threads in the forum, we can see that a message was posted "2 mos ago", "1 wk ago", "3 days ago" etc. I would rather see that it said "[date] at [time]"; "January 3, 2017 at 17:51".
In my opinion, the times should either be UTC/GMT, or based on our location (default based on the location we've give in the profile, or that we could choose the time zone ourselves).
It would also be convenient if we could choose which day/time formate we prefer:
3/1-2017, 1/3-2017, Jan 3, 3017 etc
17:51, 5:51pm

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Currently, when looking at the threads in the forum, we can see that a message was posted "2 mos ago", "1 wk ago", "3 days ago" etc. I would rather see that it said "[date] at [time]"; "January 3, 2017 at 17:51".
In my opinion, the times should either be UTC/GMT, or based on our location (default based on the location we've give in the profile, or that we could choose the time zone ourselves).
It would also be convenient if we could choose which day/time formate we prefer:
3/1-2017, 1/3-2017, Jan 3, 3017 etc
17:51, 5:51pm
Profile Image

I agree

Profile Image

The current format (3 days ago etc) is actually quite vague and gets hazier the longer the time period. For example, "3 days ago" could mean anything between 3 and 4 days. "2 mos ago" could mean between 2 and 3 months. "1 yr ago" could mean anything between 1 and 2 years.

I'm sure most people would agree that knowing that a post was made *sometime* in a certain 12 month period is not particularly useful.

I participate in a couple of year-long release challenges. Some of the challenge hosts are very efficient and offer month-by-month summaries of number of books released etc. The 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge springs to mind as an example. They often wait a week or so at the end of each month allow last minute releases to be posted. For them, it then becomes nigh on impossible to determine at a glance which forum posts relate to which months and makes the job more difficult and time-consuming then it needs to be.

I wouldn't even mind what format the date/time took, as long as it appeared somewhere.
Profile Image
I wouldn't even mind what format the date/time took, as long as it appeared somewhere.

Yep, I could figure out the format if necessary, but right now the limited data is rather annoying. At least having a day/date (if not a time) would be helpful.
Profile Image
I agree I'd like this change. Personally I would prefer the date format Jan 3, 3017 because otherwise it gets confusing as I don't know if the date listed is in my format or the European format. This way everyone can read it easily.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.