corner corner Supply Store Request - Permanent Collection Bookplates

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Supply Store Request - Permanent Collection Bookplates

I'd love to give my Permanent Books a beautiful label. I would like it to be visible to the 'loanees' (to remember them) that it concerns a book from my Permanent Collection.
But still the BCID will be visible for them to leave a journal entry.

Preferably in English as well in Dutch. :-)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'd love to give my Permanent Books a beautiful label. I would like it to be visible to the 'loanees' (to remember them) that it concerns a book from my Permanent Collection.
But still the BCID will be visible for them to leave a journal entry.

Preferably in English as well in Dutch. :-)
Profile Image
I like the idea, though I probably wouldn't buy too many. Still, I think it would be worth stocking some.
Profile Image
That's not a bad idea, at all. No idea when I'll have time to implement it, but it's still a good idea.
Profile Image
Great! I would not buy to many as well, for most of my books are being released. But for the ones permanently on my bookshelf, special labels would be great.

Maybe there even can be a possibility to create labels like you can create your own custom made release-labels right now? That would be just perfect!
Profile Image
Maybe there even can be a possibility to create labels like you can create your own custom made release-labels right now?

Mmmmaybe. That would mean a LOT of new templates in the label creator, for what is probably a small market; personally I'd rather add new languages instead, or offer horizontal templates for languages other than English.

Sorry, perfection may not be in the cards!
Profile Image
Maybe there even can be a possibility to create labels like you can create your own custom made release-labels right now?

Mmmmaybe. That would mean a LOT of new templates in the label creator, for what is probably a small market; personally I'd rather add new languages instead, or offer horizontal templates for languages other than English.

Sorry, perfection may not be in the cards!

Haha, nothing's perfect. Wouldn't even want it if it meant messing things up. Just uniform labels would be great. (But maybe I can provide you with just the perfect picture for them ;-) )
Profile Image

good idea!

This would also be handy for the PC books I'm taking on a vacation, and only register in case I lose it.
If I lend a book, I register as normal, but put a post it over the label with a reminder that I would like it returned. A special label would be nice though. :)

Profile Image
If I lend a book, I register as normal, but put a post it over the label with a reminder that I would like it returned.

I've done that - and I like that option better than a permanent "permanent collection" label, as I've found that many of my permanent/keeper books eventually wind up being not so permanent after all! But I suppose if there were a PC label on a book and one wanted to release it later on, it'd be easy enough to slap a regular label over the old one - or just scrawl a note beside it inside the cover, the way libraries stamp discards...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.