corner corner Is there still a place that explains how

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Is there still a place that explains how

buying through certain links helps BookCrossing? If so, I didn't find it.

I've made several large purchases through Amazon and Better World Books lately and always try to get to their websites through BookCrossing so that the site benefits, but don't see that information readily available anymore.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

I've made several large purchases through Amazon and Better World Books lately and always try to get to their websites through BookCrossing so that the site benefits, but don't see that information readily available anymore.
Profile Image

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see anything.

If you go to the entry for a specific book, though, the links to various booksellers show.
Profile Image
It's just not linked at the moment: http://www.bookcrossing.com/buy
As far as I know, this brings in very little commission, but of course it all counts.
Profile Image
it's just not linked at the moment

That's too bad. I expect there are others who, like solittletime, would like to use that link to help BC, even if in a small way. It must be discouraging to have to use the convoluted way I mention, if one even knows about it.

Do you know if there's a reason that it's not linked? Would it be difficult to do so? (I would think not, but I'm not an expert in such things.)
Profile Image
Do you know if there's a reason that it's not linked?

No, I think it might be temporary (because of the way the navigation menu was rearranged), but as it brings in very little commission, I can imagine that it may not be of the highest priority to bring it back.
Profile Image
but as it brings in very little commission, I can imagine that it may not be of the highest priority to bring it back.

Every little bit helps, especially if we could do it with little effort. I'm afraid most new members don't even know it helps a little, so wouldn't know to try.
Profile Image
Every little bit helps, especially if we could do it with little effort.

Sure, but on the other hand, the menus are already pretty cluttered and people do tend to get overwhelmed. If they turn away from BookCrossing because it's 'too complicated', then that's a loss too.
Anyway, I don't make decisions about stuff like this, but this might be a factor. Not sure though.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.