corner corner Share options for scanned book covers.

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Share options for scanned book covers.

I frequently use the "Fax and Scan" feature on the computer/printer I borrow to scan the covers of books I am registering when I am not able to find a cover on Amazon during the registration search that matches the copy I have and I would love fellow Bookcrossers to be able to use them to update their covers, if they run into the same situation. Is that currently possible on the site somewhere that I am not seeing, or would it be possible to add such a feature to our Bookshelves?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I frequently use the "Fax and Scan" feature on the computer/printer I borrow to scan the covers of books I am registering when I am not able to find a cover on Amazon during the registration search that matches the copy I have and I would love fellow Bookcrossers to be able to use them to update their covers, if they run into the same situation. Is that currently possible on the site somewhere that I am not seeing, or would it be possible to add such a feature to our Bookshelves?
Profile Image
I would love fellow Bookcrossers to be able to use them to update their covers, if they run into the same situation.
They can do that now, but they need to do it by hand: do a search for the title, see what comes up, click on the book to get to the journal page, click again to enlarge the picture, rightclick on the pic to save it, then upload it to their own book.

would it be possible to add such a feature to our Bookshelves?
That is a good feature request.
Profile Image
I would love fellow Bookcrossers to be able to use them to update their covers, if they run into the same situation.
They can do that now, but they need to do it by hand: do a search for the title, see what comes up, click on the book to get to the journal page, click again to enlarge the picture, rightclick on the pic to save it, then upload it to their own book.

I didn't know that...THANK YOU, Moem...on both counts! : ) I will have to give this hand search a try next time I'm trying to register a book! I will need to remember to add the link to this Forum conversation to my Bookshelf though, so I will be able to find your instructions when the time comes! ; ) I am still learning something new everyday at my ripe old age...even with a trauma brain! Part of what keeps me going. ; )

would it be possible to add such a feature to our Bookshelves?
That is a good feature request.

I think I first mentioned doing this in one of the other forum threads (I couldn't find where), when I was trying to give input to a fellow Bookcrosser (I think Megi53) on another way to do a book cover using "Fax and Scan" when the Internet search when registering a book doesn't offer choices that include the copy of the book you are tying to register.

A thought for the future, though. ; ) I imagine it would probably be a huge technical undertaking to add an independent BC data base for book covers, and all of the BC Support Team needs a bit of a break after all of the challenges and subsequent "bugs" they experienced with the most recent updates to the site! ; )

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.