corner corner Extended character limit for Default JE filed

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Extended character limit for Default JE filed

I would love it if the character limit for the Default Journal Entry field under Manage Profile could be extended, or even unlimited. Currently it stands at 2000 characters.

Many of us release books in two languages - English and our mother tongue.
Personally, I like to include in the first JE a short(ish) description of BookCrossing.
I've got it saved in English as my default JE, but I haven't got the Croatian version saved because the character limit won't allow for it.

It's not a problem; I've managed so far by finding my last Croatian registered book and copying the text. But it would be nice to have both versions in the default JE to save time when registering. If it's technically possible, that is. :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I would love it if the character limit for the Default Journal Entry field under Manage Profile could be extended, or even unlimited. Currently it stands at 2000 characters.

Many of us release books in two languages - English and our mother tongue.
Personally, I like to include in the first JE a short(ish) description of BookCrossing.
I've got it saved in English as my default JE, but I haven't got the Croatian version saved because the character limit won't allow for it.

It's not a problem; I've managed so far by finding my last Croatian registered book and copying the text. But it would be nice to have both versions in the default JE to save time when registering. If it's technically possible, that is. :)
Profile Image
I hope it can be done.
Profile Image
I hope it can be done.
Me, too. Would be fab.

Having said that, while coding this probably wouldn't be much of a problem, it might mean more work/data usage for the servers. Plus, with all the ironing out of bugs after the update, I don't really see this as at all urgent. It's bells and whistles in my book. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.