corner corner Editing your wishlist

Forum | << Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Editing your wishlist

Could it be possible to edit the books your wishlist?
Sometimes I want to change something in one of the entries, for example, when someone promises me a book, I'd like to add "pending" or something like that to the entry. I don't want to remove the book from my wishlist yet (by pressing "remove" or "fullfilled"), but I want to know for myself and others that this book is on its way to me.
Or when I make a typing mistake or just want to change it. I like to have my entered wishes on the order by date of adding to my wishlist.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Sometimes I want to change something in one of the entries, for example, when someone promises me a book, I'd like to add "pending" or something like that to the entry. I don't want to remove the book from my wishlist yet (by pressing "remove" or "fullfilled"), but I want to know for myself and others that this book is on its way to me.
Or when I make a typing mistake or just want to change it. I like to have my entered wishes on the order by date of adding to my wishlist.
Profile Image

I would like this! I would love to be able to correct a typo or small mistake in the book details on my wishlist.
Profile Image
for example, when someone promises me a book, I'd like to add "pending" or something like that to the entry.

That's what I use the "granted" option for - I have no need or desire to keep a permanent list of all the wishlist books I've received (beyond my "thanks for the wishlist book!" comments in my own JEs!), so I use "granted" on promised-but-not-yet-received wishes. (I suppose having an actual "pending" option in addition to "granted" wouldn't hurt, even though I don't need it myself.)

As for editing existing wishes for spelling, etc. - that would be nice, especially if it also involved detaching the wishes from the "global overview" data. At present, any new wish creates a new global-overview page, with some unfortunate side effects. [The one that bugs me most: adding a new wish for a book/ISBN that isn't already listed results in a global-overview page that does NOT include the specified category, and this means that whoever next registers a book with that ISBN will, by default, get a book with no category (as per the "inherit the nearest global-overview info" feature/bug). This can be fixed by editing the book details, but it's really, really annoying.]

Anyway, if wishes are not uncoupled from global-overview pages, then an "edit wish" feature could be tricky; would it cause new, slightly-different global-overview pages, or would it edit the global-overview page (which might not be a good idea - one could want a wish to say "or any book by this author", while one would NOT want the global-overview page for a registered book to include such text).
Profile Image
So... is there a way to edit an entry in my wishlist?
I have a typo in the ISBN and would like to fix it.
Profile Image
So... is there a way to edit an entry in my wishlist?
I have a typo in the ISBN and would like to fix it.

'fraid not. You can add a new wish with the correct info, and then delete the incorrect one.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.