corner corner Tapping the Admiral OBCZ is excellent

Forum | << OBCZ Managers | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Tapping the Admiral OBCZ is excellent

Whilst in London I’ve been looking for good book drops and pubs. In Tapping the Admiral pub in Kentish Town I found both. Good atmosphere, good food, lovely cat (Nelson, of course), nice people, and a bookcase full of books. An easy few minutes walk from the tube.

I recommend stopping by in your travels.

I didn’t travel all the way from Australia just to sample the pubs, but I have managed to visit quite a few throughout the UK this trip.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Whilst in London I’ve been looking for good book drops and pubs. In Tapping the Admiral pub in Kentish Town I found both. Good atmosphere, good food, lovely cat (Nelson, of course), nice people, and a bookcase full of books. An easy few minutes walk from the tube.

I recommend stopping by in your travels.

I didn’t travel all the way from Australia just to sample the pubs, but I have managed to visit quite a few throughout the UK this trip.
Profile Image

I fully recommend the JD Wetherspoon chain of pubs.
Gone are the Pound a Pint days, but they're still great value.
When a work colleague asked my Aussie partner what the best thing about London was, his response was "The Weatherspoons pubs"! Seems we went to a few pubs too ;)

On another note, there is an ISO out for you. People are wondering when you'll be done enjoying yourself overseas!!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547216
Profile Image
Glad you're enjoying the trip, pubs and all! That one does sound entertaining - not least for the amusingly grisly story behind its name ( http://www.tappingtheadmiral.com/history/ ). If I'm ever in London again I'll certainly stop by!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.