corner corner A post from my Little Free Library Facebook page...

Forum | << OBCZ Managers | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

A post from my Little Free Library Facebook page...

I posted the following on my Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) Facebook page to encourage journal entries of children's book:

----------------------------------

A note about the joy of Bookcrossing children's books...

All of you do know that I am an avid Bookcrosser. You probably also know that I register all books donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) on Bookcrossing even though very few children's books ever get journaled by anyone else. If you ever wondered why I do this, here's the answer.

Youth is so precious and so fleeting. One of my joys as a parent year ago was reading books to my growing children. Now that I have a young grandson, I once again have the pleasure of revisiting books I read three decades ago and sharing them with another young person.

In my Bookcrossing journal entries, I put the age of my grandson when we share books together. When the books go out into the world from our LFL bookshelf, I'll know that other parents are still sharing our beloved stories. I'll look back on my own journal entries and recall a very precious period of time.

If you haven't yet picked any toddler or preschooler books from our bookshelf to share with a young person in your life, don't hesitate to do so today. In addition, feel free to gift any of these books to your friends' children as well.

Then, everyone, snuggle down and share a book with a child you love.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13378605

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I posted the following on my Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) Facebook page to encourage journal entries of children's book:

----------------------------------

A note about the joy of Bookcrossing children's books...

All of you do know that I am an avid Bookcrosser. You probably also know that I register all books donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) on Bookcrossing even though very few children's books ever get journaled by anyone else. If you ever wondered why I do this, here's the answer.

Youth is so precious and so fleeting. One of my joys as a parent year ago was reading books to my growing children. Now that I have a young grandson, I once again have the pleasure of revisiting books I read three decades ago and sharing them with another young person.

In my Bookcrossing journal entries, I put the age of my grandson when we share books together. When the books go out into the world from our LFL bookshelf, I'll know that other parents are still sharing our beloved stories. I'll look back on my own journal entries and recall a very precious period of time.

If you haven't yet picked any toddler or preschooler books from our bookshelf to share with a young person in your life, don't hesitate to do so today. In addition, feel free to gift any of these books to your friends' children as well.

Then, everyone, snuggle down and share a book with a child you love.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13378605

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.