corner corner [seems to be resolved, in part] A different problem with cover image

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[seems to be resolved, in part] A different problem with cover image

I know how to replace a cover image when I have a book in my hands that was not registered by me. Did this just now, and the image has turned itself round, even though the original on my computer is correctly orientated. I've tried to replace it with another, square image, several times but can't get it to work. The correct photo is in my journal entry.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14052417
Can anyone help?

PS, I get the message "Success! Your cover image has been updated" - but it hasn't been updated at all. Have even tried logging out and back in again, no success at all.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I know how to replace a cover image when I have a book in my hands that was not registered by me. Did this just now, and the image has turned itself round, even though the original on my computer is correctly orientated. I've tried to replace it with another, square image, several times but can't get it to work. The correct photo is in my journal entry.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14052417
Can anyone help?

PS, I get the message "Success! Your cover image has been updated" - but it hasn't been updated at all. Have even tried logging out and back in again, no success at all.
Profile Image
I remember someone reported that it took a few months(!) and others reporting that while change on your own self isn't visible, others can see the updated version of the photo, that been cover photo or journal entry photo...
I had this problem with a photo I posted on a release on January and still it's not fixed. I've learned to simply ignore those issues and not sweat about them. Far too many glitches on this site to bother... : (((
Profile Image
When I click on the link the photo on the cover and the JE photo are the same.
Profile Image
Oh that's a relief, because I was worried about what the person who registered the book might think! It's still wrong on my page but if everyone else sees it as it should be, fine by me.
Profile Image
Maybe it has to do with browser used or cookies or some other tech stuff?
(I currently use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge on this laptop)
Profile Image
It's still sideways to me on the computer (Chrome), but it's OK on my phone. Weird.
Profile Image
It's still sideways to me on the computer (Chrome), but it's OK on my phone. Weird.

This has happened to me as well; uploaded photo sideways on my phone, tried to change it but nothing seemed to happen, then checked on my laptop & it showed just right.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.