corner corner The amount of spamming accounts in newest members is sickening!

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The amount of spamming accounts in newest members is sickening!

I wonder if there is even a genuine one in the latest 100.
I still believe the site would benefit from getting rid of them altogether, not just blocking them. I still am ready to participate in a manual campaign if needed. This has to be done!
And wingless members need to be able to receive alerts, and we should all be able to do member search by province (or country + head zip code) like used to be the case... (I have missed moves* by genuine new members in my area because of that).
Please Ron, Bruce, Heather, Matt, Ardik: communicate, don't leave us in the dark!

*many new members --and even more experienced ones-- don't get the difference between wild and controlled release and opt for controlled ones, preventing us from seeing them in the Go Hunting list.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I wonder if there is even a genuine one in the latest 100.
I still believe the site would benefit from getting rid of them altogether, not just blocking them. I still am ready to participate in a manual campaign if needed. This has to be done!
And wingless members need to be able to receive alerts, and we should all be able to do member search by province (or country + head zip code) like used to be the case... (I have missed moves* by genuine new members in my area because of that).
Please Ron, Bruce, Heather, Matt, Ardik: communicate, don't leave us in the dark!

*many new members --and even more experienced ones-- don't get the difference between wild and controlled release and opt for controlled ones, preventing us from seeing them in the Go Hunting list.
Profile Image
I'm trying to block them in the evening. Getting rid of them was tried, but they tend to open the same account again the same day - why we block them
Profile Image
I'm trying to block them in the evening. Getting rid of them was tried, but they tend to open the same account again the same day - why we block them

Yeah, blocking them at least locks that particular email from future attempts. But it would be nice to have a feature that hides such accounts from the member-search function...
Profile Image
it would be nice to have a feature that hides such accounts from the member-search function...

Oh yes, it would, that is a great idea. I would also love it if some members could get a tool that allowed them to delete spam messages and block spammers' accounts, much like the volunteers that help with crossing zone cleanup.
Profile Image
I would also love it if some members could get a tool that allowed them to delete spam messages and block spammers' accounts, much like the volunteers that help with crossing zone cleanup.

That would be great :-)
Profile Image

As always, support and volunteers are manning the fort (thanks for your answers), but where are TPTB???
Profile Image
where are TPTB???

I don't think they read the forum these days. Make of that what you will...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.