corner corner Upload journal image not working for me

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Upload journal image not working for me

Error message on multiple attempts since yesterday. Known problem, or just me? Any tips? Thank you for any help.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Error message on multiple attempts since yesterday. Known problem, or just me? Any tips? Thank you for any help.
Profile Image
I know the picture cannot be large these days, as the automatic shrinking doesn't seem to work. And there is a problem with the direction of the pictures that is known. It doesn't always turn the picture the way you want it...
Profile Image
Thanks, hippolein! Reduced size and it worked.
Profile Image
I have a problem when loading photos taken on my iPhone. It usually puts them in sideways. I find it really annoying as there is no way to crop or re orientate them in the website. I have had problems too uploading a replacement phone once I have uploaded one. So if it goes in wrong then it is there wrong for good.
Profile Image
I have a problem when loading photos taken on my iPhone. It usually puts them in sideways. I find it really annoying as there is no way to crop or re orientate them in the website. I have had problems too uploading a replacement phone once I have uploaded one. So if it goes in wrong then it is there wrong for good.

This problem has been around for quite a few months. There are a few threads around about it. An example is below:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/543651

I have the same problem with my iPhone - the photo uploads in the wrong orientation (eg sideways). If I upload a new version of the photo via my laptop, it doesn't seem to replace the old photo. But if I click on the old photo, the larger version that pops up *is* the new photo. And reports are that other people using different computers see the new photo.

General consensus seems to be that it's a cache issue and if you wait a little while (maybe even a day or two), the new photo will eventually appear for you. That's what's happened for me, although I have to say that for one particular photo, it took several months to change!

I'm now especially careful not to accidently upload an incorrect photo via my laptop and I don't upload photos at all via my iPhone any more because of the orientation problem.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.