corner corner Do I still get PM emails?

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Do I still get PM emails?

I used to get one about once a month on average, but haven't had one since August. Could someone PM me & then leave a comment here to tell me that you did it? Then I'll know if it's broken or not. Thanks!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I used to get one about once a month on average, but haven't had one since August. Could someone PM me & then leave a comment here to tell me that you did it? Then I'll know if it's broken or not. Thanks!
Profile Image
You can send a PM to yourself if you want to test it - since it goes through the BC server it's as good a test as having someone else PM you. I haven't noticed a problem with PMs - received some today, in fact - but there might be a problem with your spam filter, so it's worth checking.

If you aren't talking about Private Messages but about journal-entry alert emails, that's a different matter; there's a known issue with the digest-format mail. But if none of your books have been journaled since August, you wouldn't receive any alerts anyway.
Profile Image
Thanks. It works. I don't think any of my books have been journaled since August. Is the alert feature broken?
Profile Image
Is the alert feature broken?

The digest-format JE-alert feature does seem to be broken; see this thread:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547640

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.