corner corner Problem filling in book info

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Problem filling in book info

I wanted to register a book whose info was not in the BC database. So I filled in the information (title, ISBN, author name) required to do so, but every time I did it, it said there was an error and made me start over. Is this happening to anyone else?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I wanted to register a book whose info was not in the BC database. So I filled in the information (title, ISBN, author name) required to do so, but every time I did it, it said there was an error and made me start over. Is this happening to anyone else?
Profile Image
Sometimes an error message appears even if the registration went through. (And sometimes the site gets glitch-y - I don't see any duplicate registrations on your bookshelf, so it may be a temporary problem.)

One other thing - when you're using the "skip search" method, you need to provide a title, author, and category; the ISBN is optional. If you're still having trouble, try registering the book without entering an ISBN. If that works, you can try using the "edit book details" link to add the ISBN later. I haven't run into this kind of problem myself, but I figured it was worth a try!
Profile Image
the site will often give an error message even if the registration actually worked. As a matter of fact when that happens to me, it rarely didn't actually go through. Most of the time the registration worked and the error message was the error.
Profile Image
I've been getting an error message nearly every time for at least a year now, but the registration has always gone through anyway. No idea where that message comes from or what it means but I've stopped caring about it a long time ago!
Profile Image
When I register books by skipping search. I fill in the ISBN, but remove all the spaces in-between. I write just the numbers. Then everything works fine. If you fill in the ISBN and there is another member that have registered the same book with the ISBN and have a book cover photo. Their photo will appear on your book too.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.