corner corner Bug - unwanted profile change and e-mail alerts not working

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bug - unwanted profile change and e-mail alerts not working

Windows 10 / Firefox / Internet Explorer

I sometimes find that my profile properties have changed for no reason. Almost all the buttons are set to No, so that, for example, no one can MP me.

Maybe as a consequence, I never receive e-mail alerts, although I understand I should have sometimes (releases caught for instance).

Regards,

PhVl

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Windows 10 / Firefox / Internet Explorer

I sometimes find that my profile properties have changed for no reason. Almost all the buttons are set to No, so that, for example, no one can MP me.

Maybe as a consequence, I never receive e-mail alerts, although I understand I should have sometimes (releases caught for instance).

Regards,

PhVl
Profile Image

Feature

The e-mail alerts get turned off automatically if/when the BookCrossing mail server receives bounces when it tries to send you mail.
This is most often caused by your provider regarding BookCrossing's emails as spam. Generally in such cases they are filtered at the server level, so they do not even turn up in your spam box: you just never get to see them, as they are bounced immediately.
BookCrossing then switches these alerts to 'off' because it makes no sense to keep sending mail to a non-responsive address.

Is there any way you can notify your email provider that these messages are wanted, and not spam? Can you, for example, whitelist the address alerts@bookcrossing.com ?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.