corner corner Cannot change picture on registered book

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Cannot change picture on registered book

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14633594
I registered this book earlier today but a cover picture was not available in your selection. I found one but only realised that it had wide margins each side, making the image tiny, once I had used the update cover option. I have now cropped the original picture to cover image only, omitting the margins, but cannot seem to get this new image to load. I have tried many times, including saving the cropped image under a different name. Is there any way of deleting this image completely so I can upload the correctly cropped one? Or can you suggest something else... Thank you

Complete Thread

Profile Image
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14633594
I registered this book earlier today but a cover picture was not available in your selection. I found one but only realised that it had wide margins each side, making the image tiny, once I had used the update cover option. I have now cropped the original picture to cover image only, omitting the margins, but cannot seem to get this new image to load. I have tried many times, including saving the cropped image under a different name. Is there any way of deleting this image completely so I can upload the correctly cropped one? Or can you suggest something else... Thank you
Profile Image
I've had this problem too. I wish there was a delete button. I can easily add a cover image, but have a very hard time changing it once I've added it.

I hope someone knows how...
Profile Image
Try waiting a few hours - maybe a day. Sometimes the images seem to take that long to correct; something to do with the cloud storage, caching, database updates... I've run into similar problems, and have found that if I upload the corrected image and then wait long enough, it'll show up eventually.

If you're getting error messages when you try to upload the new image, that could be a different problem, but if the upload appears to go through, then wait a while and see if it takes.
Profile Image
This is resolved now. Obviously needed to wait as you suggested 'GoryDetails'. Suspect I was too impatient! :-)
Thanks

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.