corner corner Book images not sticking + non US book image searches not working

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Book images not sticking + non US book image searches not working

I assume that this is a problem that is already known as I've had trouble with it for a little while now, but I can't find a discussion about it.

Here is an example: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14629354 I've just registered it, and when I did a search using the ISBN the correct details and correct image appeared. However once I finalised the registration, I find the image has disappeared. And when I try to update the image, nothing comes up, even when I try to use the google option. It's not the end of the world but I hope someone is trying to fix it? And thank you if you are on the case!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I assume that this is a problem that is already known as I've had trouble with it for a little while now, but I can't find a discussion about it.

Here is an example: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14629354 I've just registered it, and when I did a search using the ISBN the correct details and correct image appeared. However once I finalised the registration, I find the image has disappeared. And when I try to update the image, nothing comes up, even when I try to use the google option. It's not the end of the world but I hope someone is trying to fix it? And thank you if you are on the case!
Profile Image
seems the work-around solution is to use amazon.com or amazon.ca to find the images. Several amazon-sites are not communicating with our site, unfortunately.

The tech team is doing their best.
Profile Image
seems the work-around solution is to use amazon.com or amazon.ca to find the images.

That, or find an image elsewhere, save it to your computer, then upload it.
Profile Image

Sure, although it is pretty laborious...
Profile Image

Sure, although it is pretty laborious...

I do that regularly.
Profile Image
I do that regularly.

Me, too. There is no Dutch Amazon anyway, so we're used to it.
Profile Image
seems the work-around solution is to use amazon.com or amazon.ca to find the images. Several amazon-sites are not communicating with our site, unfortunately.

Well the books I tend to read are often in foreign languages and do not appear on amazon.com etc, hence the problem.
Profile Image
Actually it's strange - this one is now showing: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14629354 whereas the others that I registered yesterday are not.
Profile Image
If I can't find it there, then I search elsewhere.
Profile Image
For some time now I have the same problem. But before that, it worked just fine. What's the matter that this site gets worse instead of better? Can't you set the program as it was before?
Profile Image
What's the matter that this site gets worse instead of better? Can't you set the program as it was before?

No, as the feature was broken by changes made by Amazon, and BC has no control over that.
Profile Image
Untill some time ago we would be able to search for books on Amazon.uk as well as Amazon.ca in addition to Amazon.com < the US side >

Recently the Amazon.ca searches have joined the Amazon.uk searches in providing blanks for the book covers ...

When attempting to add the book cover later , an error is encountered.

The message states: Error: FAIL ...

Given that many books in Canada have different covers from the American covers , this is a real pain in the neck.

I have always tried to provide a cover that represents the books I register accurately. It is almost impossible now unless I want to spend a huge amount of time uploading images I produce or locate elsewhere < Goodreads anyone? > I simply don't have time to do this for every book.

Anyway, the problem has now been with us for months. A fix will be much appreciated. TIA.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.