corner corner System is registering multiple times!

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

System is registering multiple times!

In the last 24 hours I registered a few books. I think for one of them the system indicated an error.

I just looked at my bookshelf and there are two or three registered copies of each of the books I registered! Anybody know what happened? Do I now have to go back and match the REAL book with its BCID and reassign all the others??

Complete Thread

Profile Image
In the last 24 hours I registered a few books. I think for one of them the system indicated an error.

I just looked at my bookshelf and there are two or three registered copies of each of the books I registered! Anybody know what happened? Do I now have to go back and match the REAL book with its BCID and reassign all the others??
Profile Image
All the books I just registered appeared twice. The same thing happened on Saturday with one book, but I changed the details and kept the same BCID.

My profile looks like a funeral.
Profile Image
All the books I just registered appeared twice. The same thing happened on Saturday with one book, but I changed the details and kept the same BCID.

My profile looks like a funeral.

Your profile definitely looks distinctive - very sharp, those black-and-white covers! But, yeah, the duplicates aren't fun.

I've registered several books in the last 24 hours and did not have any duplicates, so whatever the problem is, it's not consistent across all users. What devices, operating systems, browsers were you using? If the problem's specific to a particular device or browser that'd be worth knowing.
Profile Image
Using my computer as usual (I have never used any other device) with Chrome.
Profile Image
Using my computer as usual (I have never used any other device) with Chrome.

That's what I've been using lately too; no problems here though. Color me baffled!
Profile Image
Running Firefox I think.

It's going to be a tedious thing to sort this out on my page.
Profile Image
I was registering TransAtlantic by Colum McCann and suddenly two different books appeared on my self with the same title. As I was planning to register a few books, I edited the details and circulated the one BCID into a different book, keeping the other as it was.

I then registered one more book about half an hour latter but didn't face same problem. Odd!

PS: Using the same computer I use most of the time, Windows 7 on this one, Google Chrome.
Profile Image
I registered a book, the page with the ID came up but also a message in red at the top saying something had gone wrong. When I looked on my profile page the book was there twice (it still is, but I uploaded a cover image on one and changed the text on the other).
Profile Image
early this morning when I noticed not only did I get two registrations for a book, but they were both new numbers, even though I was using a pre-numbered label. Fortunately I noticed the number didn't agree before I slapped the label in. Then noticed there was also another registration one digit off. I changed the book details on that one and used both numbers, but it was strange.
Profile Image
I just registered Poe's Cat and it came up twice. Other bookcrossers have told me it's happening to them too, now and then - and also with forum posts sometimes.

Edit to add: but you can't see now because I've used the BCID for another book.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.