corner corner Problem releasing book using iphone

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Problem releasing book using iphone

I don't think it was my mistake... I registered a book and released it when out and about last week, so did it on my phone. The picture showed up when I inputted the ISBN but I later had to select it by editing, as it didn't show up. Also, the release zone I selected was not the one I chose. I tried again on my phone and it looked like the same was going to happen again. I did a new release from my computer once home to correct the information. Is this a common problem? This is the book I registered and released: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14592673

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I don't think it was my mistake... I registered a book and released it when out and about last week, so did it on my phone. The picture showed up when I inputted the ISBN but I later had to select it by editing, as it didn't show up. Also, the release zone I selected was not the one I chose. I tried again on my phone and it looked like the same was going to happen again. I did a new release from my computer once home to correct the information. Is this a common problem? This is the book I registered and released: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14592673
Profile Image
but you can delete the wrong release. I do that when it is wrong.
Profile Image
but you can delete the wrong release. I do that when it is wrong.

So you can. I've just done that, thanks. Would be good to know if this is a common problem?
Profile Image
Yes, I find that I have problems releasing books via my iPhone. It can be hard getting the release zone I choose to "stick". Sometimes I get the very first zone on the list, sometimes I get the zone that's above or below the one I want.

It's hard to explain how I solve the problem. It involves choosing two zones - the very first zone on the list alphabetically *and* the zone I actually want. And then unclicking the first zone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have to double check which zone is selected before I click on the final "release" button. If it's wrong, I go back and edit.

It can be time consuming and frustrating but I tend to persevere as I really like accurate release information!
Profile Image
Thank you awaywithfairies! I just referred back to your message and managed to get my release, after a bit of a fiddle, to show up correctly.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.