corner corner Go Hunting Pages are out of Alignment

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Go Hunting Pages are out of Alignment

Hi,
I've noticed a couple of issues with the site. For one, when I did a search for books in my state, I saw that the book-count column for the cities on the left column was super-imposed (for lack of a better word) over the city names on the right column.
I've also noticed that there are very few books shown in the wild lately. I hope that is an issue with the site and not an issue with the members of BookCrossing.com.
-Ladylit

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi,
I've noticed a couple of issues with the site. For one, when I did a search for books in my state, I saw that the book-count column for the cities on the left column was super-imposed (for lack of a better word) over the city names on the right column.
I've also noticed that there are very few books shown in the wild lately. I hope that is an issue with the site and not an issue with the members of BookCrossing.com.
-Ladylit
Profile Image
For one, when I did a search for books in my state, I saw that the book-count column for the cities on the left column was super-imposed (for lack of a better word) over the city names on the right column.

Had to check your profile to see that you're in California - I looked at its hunting pages and didn't see anything odd, either in regular view or with the "view all" checkbox selected.

I'm using Firefox as my browser, on a laptop with a fairly wide screen; that could make a difference regarding screen-formatting. If you're trying to view the page on a tablet or smartphone or even a small laptop or PC, that might force the columns too close together... If there's a particular town or release zone with an unusually long name, that might throw off the formatting as well. If you post what device and browser you're using, maybe someone else with a similar configuration can see if they can duplicate the problem, a first step in fixing it (or at least looking for a workaround).

It's possible that some BCers have had issues with the site that make them unable - or at least reluctant - to make release notes; whether that also makes them less likely to actually release books is hard to say. I do think that releasing is down a bit, though there are hot spots - Maryland lit up for the Kensington book fair!

I know that, for my part, I try to release at least a couple of books in many towns in my area, just to keep them on the hunting pages - that way, if newbies check out the site, they might find it more encouraging. Since the hunting pages only display releases within the last 30 days, if you can release a book or two in your town once a month you could keep it on the hunting pages. Just a thought!

Oh, and if you're trying to hunt books, you might look for Little Free Libraries, either using the "view all" checkbox on the hunting pages and scanning the listings or using the Little Free Library site's own map to check individual towns. Many BCers like to leave books in LFLs, and while the releases will fall off the hunting pages after 30 days, the books may still be in the LFLs. Worth a peek, anyway!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.