corner corner [SOLVED] The site changed my username ...

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[SOLVED] The site changed my username ...

... and I can't change it back. It used to be LeishaCamden, but now the upper case initials have disappeared and it's all in lower case. This makes the name much harder to understand. I did NOT make any such change, this has been done by the site in some way. I can't change it back as when I go to "Manage profile" there is no option to edit the username.

I want my name back the way it's supposed to be. What am I supposed to do to make that happen?

It's been like this for almost a year so please don't tell me to wait and see if it changes back, I've really tried that ...

Complete Thread

Profile Image
... and I can't change it back. It used to be LeishaCamden, but now the upper case initials have disappeared and it's all in lower case. This makes the name much harder to understand. I did NOT make any such change, this has been done by the site in some way. I can't change it back as when I go to "Manage profile" there is no option to edit the username.

I want my name back the way it's supposed to be. What am I supposed to do to make that happen?

It's been like this for almost a year so please don't tell me to wait and see if it changes back, I've really tried that ...
Profile Image
Did you contact the support team? I'm sure they will help you in a short time.
Profile Image
Did you contact the support team? I'm sure they will help you in a short time.

No I didn't ... I actually didn't even think of that since I have been around the site very little the past year ... it's constantly so buggy that it drives me up the wall tbh. Also I'm waiting to hear back from them on another matter which is actually urgent and I haven't heard anything for several days ... and that's something I only have a short window of time to have taken care of. So I'd rather they spend their time on that :-)

Now I see at least this problem is fixed, which of course is great.
Profile Image
I'm waiting to hear back from them on another matter which is actually urgent and I haven't heard anything for several days ...

I can't find anything recent from you at all, so it looks like that one got lost in cyberspace, can you please resend?
Profile Image
I sent another message about it now. My first message was sent on March 23rd and the second one five minutes ago.
Profile Image
I sent another message about it now. My first message was sent on March 23rd and the second one five minutes ago.

But it's already fixed, isn't it?
Profile Image

But it's already fixed, isn't it?

No. My name is fixed, but not the urgent issue that I had already contacted them about. That is still not fixed and I have had no response to either of my messages.
Profile Image
I have had no response to either of my messages.

We have not received either of them. We will contact you instead.

Did you send them through the contact form?
If so, did you get the automated replies?
Profile Image
I have had no response to either of my messages.

We have not received either of them. We will contact you instead.

Did you send them through the contact form?
If so, did you get the automated replies?

Just for the record, over the past few years I've sent two messages (about two different issues) through the contact form and never received a reply to either, even though I recall there would have been some sort of automated reply to both of them (can't be sure, but there certainly was *something* that gave me the idea that the messages had gone through just fine). Looks like I wasn't the only one with this problem!

Profile Image
Just for the record, over the past few years I've sent two messages (about two different issues) through the contact form and never received a reply to either, even though I recall there would have been some sort of automated reply to both of them

A search in the Support ticket system on your email address results in '0 matching results found'. Unless you have changed your email address since then, we did not receive your messages.
Profile Image
A search in the Support ticket system on your email address results in '0 matching results found'. Unless you have changed your email address since then, we did not receive your messages.

Nope, haven't changed it at any point.
Profile Image
haven't changed it at any point.

Then your messages, like LeishaCamden's, sadly got lost in cyberspace somehow. We generally try to answer all tickets that come in. But yours never made it.
Now why that happened is another question, and a pretty important one, and we don't have the answer yet but I will pass it on to the Tech folks.
Profile Image
Done - a message to Support would have been faster ;-)
Profile Image
Done - a message to Support would have been faster ;-)

I guess, but I've been using the site so little over the past year that I'm pretty out of touch with the workings of it.

Thank you! :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.