corner corner Can't add release notes--crossing zone list is broken

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Can't add release notes--crossing zone list is broken

I just released a book via one of the local outdoor libraries, but when I go to select the location on the crossing zones, the whole list is greyed out and nothing can be selected.

Lessee....
Step 1: I can select the book and select wild or controlled release.
It's a wild release, so naturally I select that.
Step 2: My shortcuts lists is populated with all the items I've added as shortcuts since I joined this site, but if I try to select the location in question from there and try to go on to step 3, the site gives throws up an error that claims I never selected any location at all. This has been going on for some time (I forget how long), but as selecting the exact location from the other list works it's something I'd never thought to report the bug.
Except now the other list doesn't work. The "country" drop-down menu shows my country as it should. The "state/province" drop-down shows absolutely nada (doesn't even give me a list of places to select from), and yet the "city" drop-down shows my city. But the crossing zones list below these menus, despite having a full list of (presumably all) crossing zones members have listed throughout the entirety of my city, is, as mentioned in the first paragraph, is greyed out and does not let me select any of them. I quite literally cannot go on to step 3.

Edit to add:
This bug came up for a book I released on March 16, 2017 that I cannot add release notes for.
I released another book on March 14 that, aside from the shortcuts throwing up that error, I was able to add release notes just fine.
I used the same computer and browser in both cases: Win 10 (pre-installed, not an upgrade, and I've been using Win10 on this computer for over a year now), Firefox 51.0.1, and I always clear out my cache etc when I close the browser.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I just released a book via one of the local outdoor libraries, but when I go to select the location on the crossing zones, the whole list is greyed out and nothing can be selected.

Lessee....
Step 1: I can select the book and select wild or controlled release.
It's a wild release, so naturally I select that.
Step 2: My shortcuts lists is populated with all the items I've added as shortcuts since I joined this site, but if I try to select the location in question from there and try to go on to step 3, the site gives throws up an error that claims I never selected any location at all. This has been going on for some time (I forget how long), but as selecting the exact location from the other list works it's something I'd never thought to report the bug.
Except now the other list doesn't work. The "country" drop-down menu shows my country as it should. The "state/province" drop-down shows absolutely nada (doesn't even give me a list of places to select from), and yet the "city" drop-down shows my city. But the crossing zones list below these menus, despite having a full list of (presumably all) crossing zones members have listed throughout the entirety of my city, is, as mentioned in the first paragraph, is greyed out and does not let me select any of them. I quite literally cannot go on to step 3.

Edit to add:
This bug came up for a book I released on March 16, 2017 that I cannot add release notes for.
I released another book on March 14 that, aside from the shortcuts throwing up that error, I was able to add release notes just fine.
I used the same computer and browser in both cases: Win 10 (pre-installed, not an upgrade, and I've been using Win10 on this computer for over a year now), Firefox 51.0.1, and I always clear out my cache etc when I close the browser.
Profile Image
Bleh, been a while since I've been on here so I only just got your reply.

Anyway, yes I did see that, in fact that was one of the first posts I found when looking for a solution to the problem.
But near as I can tell, that only appears to address the bug with the shortcut list.... it doesn't seem to address the site's refusal to let me leave release notes if I'm doing so WITHOUT the shortcuts. Unless there's something I missed buried way down deep in the comments?
Profile Image
But near as I can tell, that only appears to address the bug with the shortcut list.... it doesn't seem to address the site's refusal to let me leave release notes if I'm doing so WITHOUT the shortcuts. Unless there's something I missed buried way down deep in the comments?

Can you describe the non-shortcut steps you're taking, including the specific locations you're trying to select? [There's a chance that you're working with a corrupted location list, possibly with duplicate entries for a city; in that case, a region manager can fix it for you.]

Sometimes the site seems to be stuck, with the location lists for cities or zones not populating right away. This has happened to me a few times, but it's been rare, and self-corrects within a few minutes (or, at most, a couple of hours). Temporary workaround: make a journal entry instead, including the release info in the text, and setting the status to "traveling". It won't count as a release in the stats, but it will save the book's travel information until we can sort out the problem with release zones.

Hope this helps!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.