corner corner "Remove from wishlist" doesn't stick

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

"Remove from wishlist" doesn't stick

I'm pretty careful about trying to keep my wishlist up to date. But I've noticed for a while now, that even though I click "Remove from wishlist", & the site tells me that I've removed that book from my list, I can come back later & find it's back on my list. Wish this would be fixed.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm pretty careful about trying to keep my wishlist up to date. But I've noticed for a while now, that even though I click "Remove from wishlist", & the site tells me that I've removed that book from my list, I can come back later & find it's back on my list. Wish this would be fixed.
Profile Image
I haven't noticed this. Are you using the "remove" button on your wishlist entries directly, or the global-overview-page "remove from wishlist"? If you usually use one method, you might try the other to see if it works any better.
Profile Image
I haven't noticed this. Are you using the "remove" button on your wishlist entries directly, or the global-overview-page "remove from wishlist"? If you usually use one method, you might try the other to see if it works any better.

I've tried it both ways. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't stick.

Profile Image
after you remove the book go to the next page and then it seem to work. If you stay on the same page as the book you removed when you come back there it is. So if the removed book is on page 1 of wishlist after you remove it go to page 2 and then when you come back to page 1 it will be gone. It worked for me. Good luck!!
Profile Image
after you remove the book go to the next page and then it seem to work. If you stay on the same page as the book you removed when you come back there it is. So if the removed book is on page 1 of wishlist after you remove it go to page 2 and then when you come back to page 1 it will be gone. It worked for me. Good luck!!

When I do as you suggest, it seems to work. But if I then go to that book's Global Overview page, I still have the Remove from Wishlist button. Refreshing the page doesn't help.

So, I guess it's off my wishlist? Or not...

Profile Image
So, I guess it's off my wishlist? Or not...

Interesting! I still haven't noticed this myself, though I haven't experimented too extensively either. I generally delete WL items from my wishlist as opposed to from the global-overview page, but I've done it both ways without (that I've noticed) a problem.

I do sometimes set wishes "granted" (usually when someone's tagged me with a wishlist book or I've ordered one but haven't received it yet), and then I delete the wish once the book shows up. I don't know if such a two-step process would help tidy up your wishlist or not...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.