corner corner Member Search by country not working

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Member Search by country not working

When I use the Member Search to find bookcrossers in a particular country I either get no results back (e.g. Australia), or I get the following error message (e.g. United Kingdom):

Error: There was an error processing your search. Please check your input and try again. (MemberSearch: S)
[Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

Is this the same for anyone else?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
When I use the Member Search to find bookcrossers in a particular country I either get no results back (e.g. Australia), or I get the following error message (e.g. United Kingdom):

Error: There was an error processing your search. Please check your input and try again. (MemberSearch: S)
[Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

Is this the same for anyone else?
Profile Image
I seldom use that feature, but I gave it a try just now and had the same results. Just to be sure that I wasn't attempting a search with so many results that it would automatically time out (everyone in the USA, for example) I limited the search to a small nearby town, but still got the timeout error. If I included an actual screen name as well as the location, the search would turn up the results for that name, but anything else was giving a timeout.
Profile Image
Thanks for testing it GoryDetails. I use that feature to find people to send books to for my lifetime challenge to send a book to every country in the world.

My workaround at the moment is to use the Browse Members function, but it means clicking through to each town which takes more time. With the Members Search I was able to order the results by books registered or date joined to help find someone who might reply to me!

Hopefully someone will have time to look into it now it's been reported.
Profile Image
Ive been having that problem for a couple of months.
I used it to find real newbies, amongst the spam
Profile Image
Member search by country is still not working. Please can this be looked at?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.