corner corner IP Address blocked?

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
I apologize for the inconvenience!

The next time this happens please find out what your current IP is (e.g. visit http://www.whatsmyip.org/ where it's shown on the very top of the page) and send this information to ardik(at)bookcrossing.com.
I can then check whether it's indeed blocked and can unblock it.

== Further information:

We do block several IPs and even IP ranges due to malicious behaviour. Many of them try to register new users a few hundred times a day.

Unfortunately in rare cases this can hit fully legitimate and totally innocent users:
- When you're connected from home, typically your IP changes once a day. That way a blocked IP could suddenly be assigned to you.
- When multiple "attacks" come from different IPs in a close range we are blocking the whole range. We try to keep it as small as sensibly possible but it may still include innoncent IPs.

We tend to unblock most of those IPs after a while - but this takes several weeks or more.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hey guys, when I'm on my home computer I get Error message 403.6 Forbidden. Does this mean my IP address has been blocked? And if so, why? I'm not a hacker, I promise!

-RockDg9
Profile Image
I apologize for the inconvenience!

The next time this happens please find out what your current IP is (e.g. visit http://www.whatsmyip.org/ where it's shown on the very top of the page) and send this information to ardik(at)bookcrossing.com.
I can then check whether it's indeed blocked and can unblock it.

== Further information:

We do block several IPs and even IP ranges due to malicious behaviour. Many of them try to register new users a few hundred times a day.

Unfortunately in rare cases this can hit fully legitimate and totally innocent users:
- When you're connected from home, typically your IP changes once a day. That way a blocked IP could suddenly be assigned to you.
- When multiple "attacks" come from different IPs in a close range we are blocking the whole range. We try to keep it as small as sensibly possible but it may still include innoncent IPs.

We tend to unblock most of those IPs after a while - but this takes several weeks or more.
Profile Image
Thanks ardik. Will do.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.