corner corner Wishlist print function is messed up!

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wishlist print function is messed up!

When I try to print the wishlist of another member, instead of listing the current wishes, the wishlist will say "wishlist - removed" as the header and the books listed are indeed not from the current list.

It has always happened once in a while, but lately it seems like every BCer I want to check the list has the print version comes out as REMOVED rather than CURRENT.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
When I try to print the wishlist of another member, instead of listing the current wishes, the wishlist will say "wishlist - removed" as the header and the books listed are indeed not from the current list.

It has always happened once in a while, but lately it seems like every BCer I want to check the list has the print version comes out as REMOVED rather than CURRENT.
Profile Image
Does it say "removed" or "granted"? I didn't think there was a list for "removed" wishes, just the current-vs-granted ones.

Just for fun, I tried viewing your wishlist and then hitting the "print" button, and it came up just fine. I'm using Firefox as my browser, and I generally leave the wishlist settings at "current wishes", "sorted by wished-for-date", and "descending order", in case that makes a difference.

Does this problem occur on your own wishlist? Noticed any similarities in those whose lists display incorrectly - more than X pages-worth of wishes, for example?
Profile Image
OK I tried Chrome and Safari, and both your wishlist and mine are messed up!!

I do use the same settings, which is the default. The http link says
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/wishlist

but when I hit print, the list says
BookCrossing Wishlist for GoryDetails : Removed
on top.

But I play around a bit. If I change the sorting preference, eg, ascending date, or sort by author, then I get the current list!!!

So I guess you can say problem solved. We'll just chalk this up to one of the mysteries of BC website.
Profile Image
Same thing happens now when try to get the print version to have a better overview: It shows "removed".
As I had this problem quite often (nearly always) in the past (I use Firefox), I am used to checking whether it is ok but I am worried that new members may not do this and try to get wishlist books to send to other members that have already been removed from their wishlist.
It would really be great if this function would work correctly for everyone.
Profile Image
The same thing happened to me. I looked at the print version of someone's wishlist the other day and didn't noticed it was showing me the books removed from their wishlist rather than the current ones. I've now sent them a book they already have! I'll have to look more carefully in future.

Strangely this doesn't seem to happen all the time, the list is showing up correctly today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.