corner corner Suggestions how to give feedback in a useful way for BookCrossing 2.0 Beta

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Suggestions how to give feedback in a useful way for BookCrossing 2.0 Beta

There are a lot of different ways to give information, but what Matt suggested for the folks who were helping to test the site before launch was the following.

In your subject line indicate the type of comment, and a brief description of where or what it is
A Bug
A Text Change
Doesn't work as before (DWAB)
A Feature Request

Also include the following, if you can:
Browser type-version / OS
Url of error (including querystring)
Form data (if submitting a form)
Description of how it happened. Brief and detailed enough so that we can try and replicate the problem.

So you might say something like:

Doesn't Work As Before: Homepage different
When I log on to BookCrossing I can't get to the old home page. I can see it when not logged in, but when logged in, I am taken directly to my shelf.
IE7
http://bookcrossing.com/

(The answer to this question btw, is that the info on the old home page is still accessible to you. In fact, the news is on the sidebar of your bookshelf now. But the old general homepage is more for newbies or people browsing through. It's to get them interested in BookCrossing. Your new homepage *is* your shelf. You can get to every thing you need from there. )

One final thing -- The site is still in Beta and we *know* there will be some quirks and bugs to be worked out, and that some things won't work as before. But to move BookCrossing forward and bring those new features, apps etc that everyone has been clamoring for, we had to rebuild the site. While we'd rather have been able to wait and bring it to you "picture perfect", our financial and manpower resources didn't allow for that luxury. But hey, this way you all can help craft the site to be what YOU want it to be!

Again, thanks for your support and patience.

Complete Thread

Previous  1 2  

Profile Image

Dwab or bug

I can not do a scheduled release . I moved the dot to schedule release but it still releases immediately. I tried to restart but no success.
Profile Image
On the previous Bookcrossing website, we were able to view how many Bookcrossing Members had joined as well as how many BOOKS had been registered by looking at the upper right hand corner!

I miss this feature, ESPECIALLY AS I HAD A RABCK THAT I STARTED WHERE FELLOW BOOKCROSSERS GUESSED THE DATE OF THE 1 MILLIONTH MEMBER TO JOIN. Now, I can't tell when the 1 millionth joined.
Profile Image
When I release a book, the count (4 weeks and all time) increases, but the "recent book activity" never changes. The 3 most recent ones that are shown, have been there for weeks.
Profile Image
When I release a book, the count (4 weeks and all time) increases, but the "recent book activity" never changes. The 3 most recent ones that are shown, have been there for weeks.

Try hitting refresh. That changes mine. I suspect when they fix that caching error, it'll fix this, too, but maybe not.
Profile Image

Try registering rather than releasing a book - then you should get some new covers :-) Although it says Recent Book Activity it actually shows the Books On Your Bookshelf Most Recently Registered, whether by you or a previous owner!
Plus, it's probably best to register the long way round if you want to see some changes. I've seen comments that at present using pre-numbered labels doesn't alter the covers because they date to when they were printed not used but I never use them myself so don't know!
Your stats suggest you've registered thousands of books but none in the past 4 weeks, possibly not since the site changeover i.e. the start of the book cover scheme

Previous  1 2  

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.