corner corner What's in a Name challenge Dec 1-31 - START SAVING BOOKS!

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

What's in a Name challenge Dec 1-31 - START SAVING BOOKS!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. -William Shakespeare

The idea of this challenge is to release books with a name in the title. Here are the rules:

The Rules:

-The challenge will start on December 1st in your time zone and run until midnight December 31st

- First names only. For example, Rebecca's Tale or Onion John.

- Surnames do not count unless attached to a first name. For example, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes would count, but Madame Bovary would not. However, surnames that could be first names (such as Taylor or Rogers) would be acceptable.

- Names CAN be embedded. For example, Acts of M(Alice)

- Please, no pet/animal names like rover or snowball. Human names only (and yes, I know that some animals are given names like Rex or Walter. Those, obviously, would count)

- Any kind of release will count (wild or controlled). Multiple challenge releases are welcome!

- books of baby names will also count for this challenge

Here is a rundown of what I consider acceptable names:

If you can find it on a baby name site or in a baby name book (be prepared to prove it), it will be acceptable. Baby names can be ANY language or origin, as long as you can find it on a baby name site or in a baby name book. I suggest http://www.babynames.com/

I will also accept any first name of a book's character no matter how strange as long as it is IN the TITLE, SUBTITLE, or SERIES TITLE of the book. Also, the character must appear IN that book and the book must be fictional. For example: "Bilbo's Last Song". Bilbo is probably not going to be found as a baby name, but it IS the first name of the character in the story (Bilbo Baggins).

Names from antiquity that would not necessarily found in a book of baby names (such as the Greek names Perseus or Theseus) will also count. As will names of deities (not fictional deities, however. They must have been worshiped by some actual humans at some point in history).

Good luck and Good releasing!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. -William Shakespeare

The idea of this challenge is to release books with a name in the title. Here are the rules:

The Rules:

-The challenge will start on December 1st in your time zone and run until midnight December 31st

- First names only. For example, Rebecca's Tale or Onion John.

- Surnames do not count unless attached to a first name. For example, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes would count, but Madame Bovary would not. However, surnames that could be first names (such as Taylor or Rogers) would be acceptable.

- Names CAN be embedded. For example, Acts of M(Alice)

- Please, no pet/animal names like rover or snowball. Human names only (and yes, I know that some animals are given names like Rex or Walter. Those, obviously, would count)

- Any kind of release will count (wild or controlled). Multiple challenge releases are welcome!

- books of baby names will also count for this challenge

Here is a rundown of what I consider acceptable names:

If you can find it on a baby name site or in a baby name book (be prepared to prove it), it will be acceptable. Baby names can be ANY language or origin, as long as you can find it on a baby name site or in a baby name book. I suggest http://www.babynames.com/

I will also accept any first name of a book's character no matter how strange as long as it is IN the TITLE, SUBTITLE, or SERIES TITLE of the book. Also, the character must appear IN that book and the book must be fictional. For example: "Bilbo's Last Song". Bilbo is probably not going to be found as a baby name, but it IS the first name of the character in the story (Bilbo Baggins).

Names from antiquity that would not necessarily found in a book of baby names (such as the Greek names Perseus or Theseus) will also count. As will names of deities (not fictional deities, however. They must have been worshiped by some actual humans at some point in history).

Good luck and Good releasing!
Profile Image
And thank you
Profile Image
I think I have a few, count me in.
Profile Image

I'm in :)

Thanks
Profile Image
Thx!
Profile Image
I have a little pile of name books!
Profile Image
Thanks for hosting once again!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.