I absolutely loved playing the game of Bookcrossing Monopoly that Iiwi hosted on the Dutch Forum a couple of years ago... so I'm stealing the idea (with his permission) and hosting my own version. I'm made some changes to the game, I'm designing a new board and I'm looking for people to play!
so... let's collect £200 and GO....
The game board will be here:http://bcmonopoly.blogspot.com/
if your interested in joining, you should check it out...
How the game works:
Bookcrossing Monopoly is a wild releasing game, with challenges each turn (a turn is two weeks) and points to earn... the player or team with the most points at the end wins
Each turn, the gamehost (hem... me) will role the virtual dice and move the pieces...
You have the length of the turn (two weeks) to complete the challenge you have landed on (see more below), and post on the forum with a link to your released book (you can release more than one book if you want, but you have to nominate only one to count towards the game)
The game will last 15 turns (30 weeks) - if you choose not to play for a turn or two, that's fine, but you won't earn any points that go - and the winner is the person or team with the most points after the last turn
The Different Kinds of Square to land on:
- Location Squares: like in normal monopoly, most of the squares are locations - things like 'in a tree' or 'at the cinema' as well as 'at the rainbows end'. Simply wild release a book at that location and claim your point! You can be as imaginative as you like in how you define a 'tree' or 'rainbows end' - the more original your idea, the better
- Community Bookshelf: If you land on a bookshelf square, you need to pick any other monopoly player (not in your team!) and send them a wishlist book. This is the only time that controlled releases count in this game
- Local Meet up / BC Convention: O-Oh! You get tempted by the book buffet and take more books than you leave... lose a point :(
- Planes and trains: make a release on public transport - trains or planes, buses or bikes... Bally's on the move!
- Chance: take a chance card.... no way to guess what that may be...
- In Bed With Flu: No releasing for you... sit out this turn while you recover
- Free Release: Go Wild!
- Superspeed Release: Quickly Quickly! You only have half a turn - one week - to make a quickie release!
- Go! This is where we all start, and as you travel the board during the game, you get to make an extra release when you pass go...
And... if you complete all the challenges of a particular colour (so... liek in normal monopoly you can 'collect' all the brown properties), you get to make an extra release themed to that colour
One point each for any of the following:
* each challenge book released
* book caught
* AF sign up to BC
* Book re-released
* successful hunting of another teams BC book
* and... Bonus points
Bonus points are given out by the gamehost for special releases - but she's very hard to impress.... Try to theme the book to your location, or making your bookdrop in fancy dress, or anything to catch her eye and make your team stand out
Hopefully enough people will want to play that we can form teams of 2 or 3 players - how you delegate who does each challenge in your team is up to you
Last sign up is Thursday the 12th May
Teams will be announced on Friday 13th May (oh er...)
To join the game, sign up by posting in the forum, AND send me a PM letting me know you want to play! Mention if there is another player who you'd like to be on a team with (or if there's someone you definitely don't want to team up with)
Game starts Monday 16th May, and new turns will be announced every other Monday. Turns will be announced here in the Release Challenges Forum, as well as on the BCMP blog (link above)
Email photos of your releases (if you want to) to me and I'll include them on the turn's blog page
Any Questions (I bet there are...) feel free to ask...
(oh... erm.. it's just for fun, and to claim the title as BCMP Champions - no actual prizes!)