corner corner It is sign up time for the Valentine Challenge.

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

It is sign up time for the Valentine Challenge.

The challenge runs from Feb. 1st to Feb. 14th. Any book that has the words: Love, Cupid, Valentine, Heart, Venus, etc will count as 2 points, any romance book or book with hugs in title or roses or chocolates and wedding on cover will count as 1 point. There will be small prices for the top releases, best themed release and best journal entry. Controlled and wild releases are accepted. Here is an example of 3 I will be releasing for the challenge:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6419744 Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4195742 All for the Love of Daddy
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/151-7878005 Lovers Dining
Link for Valentine labels: http://bookcrosser.ca/---/labels
Anyone releasing an appropriate book in Becky's memory will receive 2 points.
Bookcrossers that have signed up for Valentine's challenge:
6of8
awaywithfairies
Bascula
bookczuk
bookguide
booklady331
deereads
dizzydots
eponine38
geishabird
GoryDetails
ILuvToRead2
Jenny-G
Keetal
Kirkers
Maggiemuffet
Maranlin
moonblue
nancynova
PrettyPoodle
rureading
SCOUT-FINCH
smhamn
solittletime
Southernfryed
spazcat
starrdust
tabby-cat-owner
terrafreaky
thegoaliegirl
Uppity
varykino
waderwoman
ZaraGaia

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The challenge runs from Feb. 1st to Feb. 14th. Any book that has the words: Love, Cupid, Valentine, Heart, Venus, etc will count as 2 points, any romance book or book with hugs in title or roses or chocolates and wedding on cover will count as 1 point. There will be small prices for the top releases, best themed release and best journal entry. Controlled and wild releases are accepted. Here is an example of 3 I will be releasing for the challenge:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6419744/ Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4195742/ All for the Love of Daddy
http://www.bookcrossing.com/151-7878005 Lovers Dining
Link for Valentine labels: http://bookcrosser.ca/labels/
Anyone releasing an appropriate book in Becky's memory will receive 2 points.
Bookcrossers that have signed up for Valentine's challenge:
6of8
awaywithfairies
Bascula
bookczuk
bookguide
booklady331
deereads
dizzydots
eponine38
geishabird
GoryDetails
ILuvToRead2
Jenny-G
Keetal
Kirkers
Maggiemuffet
Maranlin
moonblue
nancynova
PrettyPoodle
rureading
SCOUT-FINCH
smhamn
solittletime
Southernfryed
spazcat
starrdust
tabby-cat-owner
terrafreaky
thegoaliegirl
Uppity
varykino
waderwoman
ZaraGaia

Profile Image

I'm game

don't guarantee I will be able to come up with anything (I gave up romances years ago), but I'd like to try, so sign me up.
Profile Image
6of8, there are lots of books out there that have the word heart in that are Mystery, and also the word love, eg. Eat, Love and Pray.
Profile Image
Do you count embedded words, like The LOVEly Bones?
Profile Image
Yes I counted embedded words.
Profile Image
I'm in as ususal but I don't seem to have too many qualifying books though.
Profile Image

I'll join

Think I have a few...
Profile Image

I am in!!

I have been reading a few books to get them ready to leave the house!! Thanks for hosting this Maggie....always enjoyable!
Profile Image
I've been sorting through my books already. :)
Profile Image

Yes please!

I don't think I have many this time, but there is still time to hit the charity shops for those Harlequins!!
Profile Image
Is it that time of year again? It seems like the last Valentine challenge was only a few months ago!
Profile Image
I have a few
Profile Image
I don't have many books, but a lot of people gave me books so I have a few put aside for the Challenge this year. Count me in.
Profile Image
Wow, so many in already, Dee, so happy you have been preparing for this challenge, I am still reading my Christmas challenge books. Decided yesterday, I will have to get with 2011 and skip the past. LOL
Profile Image
I got lots of romances through Free-cycle
Profile Image

I'm in!

The public libraries around here have romances for $.25 each, and sometimes even less...I love getting them that way and supporting the library, one quarter at a time!
Profile Image
I don't have as many this year but I'll keep looking!
Profile Image
Spazcat, did you not live in Florida or am I just getting confused?
Profile Image
and of course some new faces. It looks like it will be another fun Valentine's challenge. Let's hope the weather is co-operative. We usually have some nasty weather during this time and it sure slows my releasing down.
Profile Image
I must have one or two books. I am in
Profile Image
Doubtful I have any romances, but I do have a handful with the keywords.
Profile Image
Zara, is the YouTube video of your retriever? It is a very cute video. We have a couple of our Tunku on YouTube also. Our children inform us we have more pictures of our dog than we do of them or our grandchildren. LOL
Profile Image
Yes, thank you, that's our golden who unfortunately passed away last year. I keep meaning to put up more of his goofy, playful antics.

Re Tunku, would you be referring to the greyhound? I just googled and he's very cute! Awesome that you rescued him :)
Profile Image
Yes, Tunku is a rescued greyhound, they are such quiet sensitive dogs and he is so smart.
I am so sorry about your loss of your beautiful golden retriever, sometimes the loss is so hard, we never had a dog for over 20 years after we lost our Sheltie. My daughter has a golden retriever, she is much smaller and she is so goofy too. We bought her boots for Christmas and she knows she isn't allowed to try and bite them off, so she goes out side and barks and growls at her feet and drags her feet to try and pull her boots off. ROFL
Profile Image
at the beginning of February. I've got a whole shelf-full to read for The Ultimate Challenge in February.
Profile Image
Uppity, look at the little wooden shoes, I didn't know we had those to choose from. so cute!
Profile Image
Uppity, look at the little wooden shoes, I didn't know we had those to choose from. so cute!

They are cute aren't they . I've used them a couple of times. I'm now waiting for theatre masks.
Profile Image
They don't have masks Uppity? I would make a suggestion to bookcrossing, I think at one time they had a question about the icons we wanted.
Profile Image
They don't have masks Uppity? I would make a suggestion to bookcrossing, I think at one time they had a question about the icons we wanted.

I have requested them several times . I'm now waiting till the nitty gritty work is done on the site.
Profile Image
Wow, we have 21 bookcrossers that have joined, that is fantastic, we have such old friends joining and some new ones. Hope we all have lots of fun releasing and great journal entries.
Profile Image
See ya in February....
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
Hi solittletime, I was making the chart yesterday and I thought where is solittletime. LOL
Profile Image
Hello again, maggie,and thanks for hosting this again.

Not after any prizes, it's simply a good challenge, and will enable me to clear all the Mills & Boon books from the LionsCroydon shelf.

Now, if I can BE STRONG and not follow in Maranlin's footsteps....
Profile Image
Hi Jenny-G, I myself am trying not to buy books this year, but there is always that must have one. LOL Glad you could join again, my goodness you Aussies are having such awful weather, flood or drought.
Profile Image
I actually have more of 'them' (i.e. Harlequins and similar) than I like, but since many of them are kind of explicit, I have trouble deciding where to wild release them. Give me some suggestions, and I'll be in!
Profile Image
I would release them in more adult places like bars, pubs, at night at the movie theatres. to another bookcrosser, freecycle, hair salon, tanning parlors, lingerie shop, sex shops LOL. I do count controlled releases. Anyone else have any ideas where Bascula could release her explicit books?
Profile Image
What about on top of display beds in furniture stores or IKEA? Or in what I've seen called "the family planning aisle" (next to the condoms)? Or somewhere near a brochure or advertisement for on-line dating/singles services?
Profile Image
I actually have more of 'them' (i.e. Harlequins and similar) than I like, but since many of them are kind of explicit, I have trouble deciding where to wild release them. Give me some suggestions, and I'll be in!

You can always leave them at my OBCZ. Pretty much anything goes there!

Profile Image
Where is the OBCZ located? Is it in a coffee shop or something?
Profile Image
The one mentioned is in a local train station. PrettyPoodle is the "owner".
Profile Image
Thanks Bascula, I am just cautious when someone says sends your books to me. LOL
Profile Image
But I have a question: Do the romance books require themed words in the title or any romance novel qualifies despite the non-themed title? Thanks maggiemuffet.
Profile Image
Yes romance books count, even if they don't have Valentines or Love in the title. It is about love, so they count as 1 point each.
Profile Image
Yes, wedding would count, it is only 1 point though.
Profile Image
I might try this one - I know I have some books that qualify, so it's more a matter of (a) finding them, (b) writing up JEs for them so I can bear to release them, and (c) remembering to do all this during the right period!
Profile Image
Now to read them! :)
Profile Image
Got my "love" books the last time I was at The Book Thing (like usual) I simply can not skip ths challange!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining PrettyPoodle and geishabird.
Profile Image
releasing an appropriate book in memory of Becky see thread link on release challenges on Feb. 14th. She is the daughter of ResQgeek and she died in a bicycle accident this summer. Her Birthday was Feb. 14th. I am sure many of us can find a book to release on Feb. 14th in her memory. I will accept any book eg. Winnie the Pooh books released on Feb. 14th. Any book released on Feb.14th in her memory that is appropriate will be 2 points.
Profile Image
I have a few saved up on my bookshelf . . .
Profile Image
Hi Starrdust, did Maranlin twist your arm last weekend to join. LOL I am anxious to hear all about your holiday travels at a meet-up.
Profile Image
I've got plenty of books that will work for this challenge.
Profile Image
I think I've got a few books that will fit the bill.
Profile Image
Because Valetines Day is full of them (if you're lucky)
Profile Image
Yes, Lord-Trotsky, chocolate and roses would count as 1 point for each.
Profile Image
Brilliant! That's a couple more in the pile for releasing. Looking forward to this.
Profile Image
Slightly off-topic. Has there been a "heads up" for the Heads Shoulders Knees & Toes challenge this year? If there has been, I can't find it. It's just that I always dual-release my Valentine "heart" books in the HSKT challenge!
Profile Image
Hi, awaywithfairies, anotterchaos ran the Head and Shoulders Challenge to my knowledge and she isn't active with bookcrossing anymore. I have tried to contact her a few times, but haven't had a reply. Maybe someone else has some information or advise, maybe another bookcrosser would like to take the reins of the HeadandShoulders challenge, if there is no hostess this year. I also have a few books for this challenge.
Profile Image
anotterchaos ran the Head and Shoulders Challenge to my knowledge and she isn't active with bookcrossing anymore. I have tried to contact her a few times, but haven't had a reply. Maybe someone else has some information or advise, maybe another bookcrosser would like to take the reins of the HeadandShoulders challenge, if there is no hostess this year. I also have a few books for this challenge.

I also PMed AnOtterChaos and got no reply. I contacted Firegirl who ran the challenge last year. S/he says that they're not really very active at the moment and are happy for someone else to take over this year. I think I might give it a crack...
Profile Image
That is wonderful awaywithfairies, I hate to see long running challenges fall off the map.
Profile Image
I have a children's book called "Hugs"--does it count? It's not a romance, it's a kid book, and it doesn't have any of your acceptable words in the title, but it seems as if it should fit...?
Profile Image
Yes, of course I will accept hugs as a 1 point book, Valentine's day was very special always in our house especially with the children, it was just like Christmas.
Profile Image
It's been a while...I would like to participate this year! Trying to get back into bookcrossing!
Profile Image
I am so honoured you are going to join our challenge, it is a nice short fun challenge, good luck releasing, hope you receive lots and lots of catches.
Profile Image
I'm new to Book Crossing but I've got several that fit this challenge so I'd like to join in please!
Profile Image
I collected a few books last year, but spent most of the time of the challenge in bed with flu so didn't take part at all. This year I hope to release a whole bunch of books. Ooh, just realised there is a church book sale this saturday - they usually have lots of Mills & Boon romance books. Better take an extra big bag:)
Profile Image
I am so sorry you were ill all of Valentine Challenge last year Moonblue, hope everything works out well for you this year.
Profile Image
thanks.
Profile Image
making a new thread?
Profile Image
I will be putting up a new thread solittletime, thanks for reminding me. I get busy quilting and lose track of days.
Profile Image
Now I've found you again I would love to have a go at this. How exciting. :-)
Profile Image
and three new ones to the challenge, Dizzydots, Keeta1, and Kirkers.
Profile Image
I brought some books on holiday with me and I'll look for a few more. This is always fun...
thanks for doing it again, Maggie!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Nelle, Bookcrossing never takes a holiday. LOL
I hope the weather in Florida is warm, we are having a few sub-zero days and nasty storm coming in by Wednesday. Yuck.
Profile Image
I've been distracted and missed this, but I've got a bunch to let go...
Glad to see your are back again this year. Blessings, KK
Profile Image
I was wondering where you got to KarmelK. Are you have awful weather too?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.