I'll be running the D for December challenge again this year: 12/1 to 12/31 your time. Post here once it's December 1.
(Rules copied here from "long version" post below)
1) Books must be released during the period from December 1 to December 31.
2) The challenge is to release books that have a the letter "D" beginning a word in the main title OR the author's name.
* Dean Koontz, John D. Rockfeller, and Charles Dickens will all count. O'Dell won't, sorry.
* Main title means anything before the colon but not afterwards. For example, _Ice Bound: A Doctor's Incredible Battle For Survival at the South Pole_ and _Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail_ wouldn't count. Series names don't count unless they're part of the actual book title, so _Tea Time for the Traditionally Built_, while part of the No. 1 Ladies' Dectective Agency Series, wouldn't count..but the first book in the series is actually *titled* _The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency_ so it would be fine.
3) Any type of release counts: wild releases, controlled releases, books left at OBCZs or sent out as rings/rays, books in bookboxes, books tossed off a plinth or onto the top story of a double-decker bus....
4) Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and proper nouns in any language count
* Only the first letter of an acronym/initialism counts- as in D.A.R.E. but not M.A.D.D.
* Articles don't count- - for instance, if the word "the" begins with the letter D in your language, it doesn't qualify. (Besides, you'll have already used up a bunch of your "the" books for Rockdg9's challenge in November, right?)
* If your language doesn't use the same sort of characters as English, it should be a word that begins with the same sound as the letter D in English (in other words, it would be transliterated into a D in for English speakers). I'll have to take your word for it at least 99 and 44/100% of the time, so please play fair! ;)
5) Multi-challenge releases are fine.
6) One point per book, regardless of how many D words are in the title. So _Darkness Before Dawn _ and _Double or Die_ only count once each!
This year I'll probably do several random winners from the participants. :)
2008 - 18 participants released 202 books: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/376461
2009 - 26 participants released 756 books: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/412235
Can we do better in 2010?
P.S. No need to sign up, you can just start posting your releases. :)