corner corner 2010 Pages Read Challenge Sign Up Thread

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2010 Pages Read Challenge Sign Up Thread

Perfect-Circle, organiser of the 2009 previous pages read challenges is stepping down for 2010, so I have volunteered to take over. Thanks Perfect-Circle for making the 2009 challenge run so smoothly.

Rules for this challenge? You must read and keep track of how many pages you are reading. At the beginning of each month, I'll start a new post for your stats for that month. Update your progress every week, every month or whatever works for you. I'll try and post up-to-date progress reports for everyone within the first week of each month, from February onwards.

At the end of the year, I will put the names of everyone who has met their goal into a bowl and draw 3 names randomly. These three will get a small prize from the BC supply store or something from their wishlist.

How many pages will you read in 2010? To join, simply send a PM to me (KiwiInEngland). I'll keep a track of people joining the challenge in this post. You can update within the thread as you choose. You can also edit your goal if you like.

Note: In previous years people have used audiobooks as part of this goal, and stated the number of pages listened too by gathering the information off the packaging or looking at Amazon. As this is a set your own goal if you are happy to consider audio books as reading then go for it. Please list audio pages seperately from paper pages.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Perfect-Circle, organiser of the 2009 previous pages read challenges is stepping down for 2010, so I have volunteered to take over. Thanks Perfect-Circle for making the 2009 challenge run so smoothly.

Rules for this challenge? You must read and keep track of how many pages you are reading. At the beginning of each month, I'll start a new post for your stats for that month. Update your progress every week, every month or whatever works for you. I'll try and post up-to-date progress reports for everyone within the first week of each month, from February onwards.

At the end of the year, I will put the names of everyone who has met their goal into a bowl and draw 3 names randomly. These three will get a small prize from the BC supply store or something from their wishlist.

How many pages will you read in 2010? To join, simply send a PM to me (KiwiInEngland). I'll keep a track of people joining the challenge in this post. You can update within the thread as you choose. You can also edit your goal if you like.

Note: In previous years people have used audiobooks as part of this goal, and stated the number of pages listened too by gathering the information off the packaging or looking at Amazon. As this is a set your own goal if you are happy to consider audio books as reading then go for it. Please list audio pages seperately from paper pages.

Profile Image
Well done for volunteering. I'm very glad to see this challenge will continue into 2010 and I will be signing up again.

Loads of thanks also to perfect-circle for keeping us all going in 2009.
Profile Image
I'm going to join this year. I've sent you a PM.
Profile Image
List of participants and their target of pages to read in 2010
**list last updated on of 25 January 2010**

bksfamly - Target is 25000
bookguide - Target is 24000
bookmaniac70 - Target is 20000
candy-is-dandy - Target is 20000
crrcookie - Target is 40000
Daedelys - Target is 75000
DoveiLibri - Target is 14000
EerierIdyllMeme - Target is 10000
elitetwig - Target is 5000
froggieiv - Target is 10000
fungirl503 - Target is 40000
gzusgirl - Target is 28000
Hanrahan-Siudy - Target is 18000
ILuvToRead2 - Target is 20000
jazzy7112 - Target is 20000
jdonahue1967 - Target is 45000
jsmeltser - Target is 15000
judygreeneyes - Target is 20000
JulesPaige - Target is 8040
jumpingin - Target is 15000
KateKintail - Target is 10000
KateKintail (audiobooks) - Target is 15000
KiwiInEngland - Target is 22000
lady-liberty - Target is 24000
lane1088 - Target is 30000
lizzyblack - Target is 12000
mafarrimond - Target is 40000
mhs160 - Target is 10000
mysticcat - Target is 20100
Newman-Wiley - Target is 30000
perfect-circle - Target is 40000
spaceystacey - Target is 50000
susiuni - Target is 12010
svoight - Target is 35000
T02S03B11D20 - Target is 22000
tempestsans - Target is 25000
Tubereader - Target is 10000
Vamperstein8782 - Target is 30000
Profile Image

I will play

Profile Image
Once again, my goal will be 45,000 pages (this will be my third try LOL)
Profile Image
Good luck with the challenge
Profile Image

pm'd you

Profile Image
as soon as I figure out my goal
Profile Image
Hanrahan-Siudy - how many pages would you like to set as your goal?
Profile Image
Thank you for taking over, I will definitely still be taking part in this, will pm you.
Profile Image
So I have just sent you a PM. My goal will be 10,000 pages in 2010.
Profile Image
I am not yet sure what my goal will be. I'll have to give it some thought.
Profile Image
I would like to sign up. I will make my goal 20,000 pages again - since it has definately been a challenge!
Profile Image
My goal is 20,000 pgs, same as 2009. Thanks for taking on the challenge for us!
Profile Image
Still room for plenty more people to sign up.
Profile Image
My goal for 2009 was 35,000 pages and although I fell short and only got 32,171 I am still thrilled with the progress that I have made.

I am setting my 2010 goal to be 40,000 pages because I hope to read more this year and I again want this challenge to be a stretch for me and not something that I will get done part way through the year.
Profile Image
Well, yet again I'm gonna fall short of my planned total this year though I'm closer than I was last year. Guess I'll give it another shot next year... 30,000 pages again & let's hope it's third time lucky!

Thanks for doing this kiwiInengland, I'll PM you when I can - doesn't seem to work off my mobile :(
Profile Image
I will try to read as many books/pages as I can and enjoy.
Great idea! Pm follows!
Profile Image
my goal will be 40,000
Profile Image
I received your pm to join thanks, and now all I need is the number of pages you hope to read in 2010 to enter. Then you can track your progress each month against your goal.
Profile Image
My goal for this year is to read 28,000 pages because I calculated how many pages I would read if I read for 2 hours a day... and it should be something like 29,200... but yeah. Let's just go for 28,000. Anyway! That's my goal. :)
Profile Image
but consider yourself all entered! Good luck
Profile Image
Edited for premature enter pressing:
I'm joining for the first year with a goal of 20,000 pages - mostly because I want to try and read as many of the thicker books I have this year as possible. I may not make it though, as I had no idea wha I should use as a baseline. :)
Am I able to use books that I started before January 1st? There are a couple that I'm in the middle of that I'm going to finish in the next week or so.
Profile Image
> Am I able to use books that I started
> before January 1st? There are a couple
> that I'm in the middle of that I'm going
> to finish in the next week or so.

To be most accurate for the challenge (pages read in 2010) you would count just the number of pages of the book that you read from 1st January, so you'd count about half of each book. It doesn't matter when you started reading the book, just the number of pages read since 1st January 2010.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the challenge.
Profile Image
and big thanks to KiwiinEngland for the organisation! {{{{{ hugs }}}}}
Profile Image
45 books X 300 Pages? Plus 100 pages every few books? OK, let's say 14,000 pages. PMing you now.
Profile Image
thanks perfect circle for a great challenge in 2009

thanks KiwiinEngland for taking on responsibility for 2010!
Profile Image
I should read days and nights to get rid of my gigantic Mt TBR, so this is a great idea to keep an eye on my success. :)
Profile Image
I seem to be an occasional reader.....i'll either go moad and read 3 books on the run or none for 3 months so, i think this a good way of slipping in some relax and me time.

I will aim for 5,000 pages. That is a big ask and target so good luck to all and everyone one of you.
Profile Image

Uh, nice!

My goal for 2010 is 12.000 pages :) PMing you :D
Profile Image
Based on my failures in 2009, I'm bringing my goals down slightly (but above what I accomplished in 2009 so it's still a challenge for me to meet these).

My goals for 2010 are:
Read 10,000 pages (paper books)
Earread 15,000 pages (audio books)
Profile Image
I have decided to keep the same target as I set in 2008 and 2009, ie 20,000 pages. I supassed the target by 879 pages in 2008, but was 2,271 below target in 2009. I know it's achieveable so let's try again.

Good luck and happy reading to all.
Profile Image
And I will start counting here:

1: Zwei zarte Lämmchen weiss wie Schnee: 190 pg.
2: Schönes aus Stoff: 92 pg.
3: Das Geheimnis des roten Zimmers: 148 pg.

NEW TOTAL: 430 pg.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.