corner corner Walthamstow, London Meet Up - 24 March 2018

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Walthamstow, London Meet Up - 24 March 2018

We are planning to meet in Walthamstow on Saturday 24th March. Details to be confirmed but the day will include a visit to the William Morris Gallery, a Little Free Library walk and a visit to a pub.

I’m going to set up a WhatsApp group for London Meet Ups. PM your number to me to be included.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We are planning to meet in Walthamstow on Saturday 24th March. Details to be confirmed but the day will include a visit to the William Morris Gallery, a Little Free Library walk and a visit to a pub.

I’m going to set up a WhatsApp group for London Meet Ups. PM your number to me to be included.
Profile Image
Me, rahar109, and jo_a_na

Anyone else want to join? Please PM your mobile number to me and I will add you. There is also an event on Facebook on the Bookcrossing UK page.
Profile Image
will think about it!
Profile Image
will think about it!

Facebook is the other option as I create events there on the Bookcrossing UK page.. Plus I still put something on the BC Conventions and Meetings Forum.
Profile Image
face book is fine.
Profile Image
Thanks very much for your PM. Reply has been slow but sent now - not sure I can make 24th but will certainly try.
Profile Image
it's a staycation as I have a poorly hamster who can't be left with anyone at the moment, so I hopefully will make this.
Profile Image
however don't have the details. If you are still meeting, let me know. It will take me about an hour to get to Walthamstow from here (I think!)
Profile Image
I’ll be in the tea room at 1100 and leaving the gallery at 1240 to go to the Village Pub at 1300 hours. After lunch we will do a mini tour of Little Free Libraries
Profile Image

great

will hopefully make it by 1240!
Profile Image
Thanks for organising this - we enjoyed it!
Profile Image

It was great to see you and your daughter again.
Profile Image

Profile Image

She was happy coming along, and today did another 10 mile hike... Not bad for a still-four-year-old!!
Profile Image
I plan to come back to Walthamstow at some stage to do that walk that was in my guide book, however I will wait until I have some books to release!
Profile Image
Sorry for bumping into your meet-up thread with this, but it's just there's no UK forum... Would you happen to have recommendations for a good Korean restaurant in London? I'm looking for one for lunch, no specific location in mind, so any tips would be appreciated!
Profile Image
Haha! I cannot vouch for how good they are as only been to one once a long time ago but there are two near the British Museum. They come up if you google Museum St and Korean. Bi Won and Bibimbab. They are not fancy, probably fairly authentic...
Profile Image
Haha! I cannot vouch for how good they are as only been to one once a long time ago but there are two near the British Museum. They come up if you google Museum St and Korean. Bi Won and Bibimbab. They are not fancy, probably fairly authentic...

Thank you very much! I'll check these online and will let you know how our pick turned out 😊
Profile Image
Bibimbap was definitely worth the visit! Sizzling hot bowls and everyone left satisfied. Perhaps very slightly westernized food (so the more experienced ones said), but well seasoned meats and very good tofu options!
Thanks for the suggestions 😻
Profile Image

Thanks for the suggestions 😻

Oh I'm so glad to hear it!! Am not the expert I'd like to be... but glad it worked out.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.