corner corner [bc2018bdx] What to do in Bordeaux - Visite the Palais Rohan (the Town Hall) - meeting outside the Palais Rohan

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Located a stone's throw from the cathedral, the Palais Rohan epitomises the wealth and power of Bordeaux's archbishops in the 18th century.

Archbishop Mériadec de Rohan asked architect Joseph Etienne to replace the medieval residence with a monumental new one in 1772. This was financed by selling off surrounding land to build houses in the present-day Mériadeck district.

After the French Revolution, the building housed the Gironde department prefecture before becoming the Bordeaux Town Hall in 1837. It features
an austere Louis XVI-style façade and one of the most beautiful staircases in France, considered a masterpiece of stone masonry.

It is said that the young Eugène Delacroix discovered his vocation while watching Pierre Lacour restoring paintings by Berinzago in what was called the archbishop's dining room.

Designed in 1889, the municipal council room is characteristic of official architecture during the Third Republic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/---/Palais_Rohan,_Bordeaux

We managed a special visit for us, in english

Date: Friday 20th of april
Time: 11 am
The visit lasts one hour
Price: 11€ per person
You can register now and here

You can pay with PayPal or SEPA

Last day to register: 1st march 2018

1 6of8
2 Azuki
3 Bludanzer22
4 cat207
5 futurecat
6 Gaschd
7 holle77
8 k-j-h
9 Lamelemon
10 Lischka
11 Lytteltonwitch
12 macaufan
13 Menelwe
14 Olagorie
15 OldVulture
16 OldVulture2
17 over-the-moom
18 rahar109
19 SforSuperman

Profile Image

Town Hall

Interested
Profile Image
If the building is as beautiful as its blue door and silver letterbox, then it will be worth visiting.
Profile Image
If the building is as beautiful as its blue door and silver letterbox, then it will be worth visiting.

I visited it some years ago, it is a really nice building, with beautiful gardens
Profile Image
And sign me up for this too, please :-) (I just want to do everything!)
Profile Image
I would be interested, if there was still space. Very much prefer the basements tour though if I could only fit in one though.
Profile Image
I’m interested although I’d prefer the basement tour but it looks like I’m too late for that.
Profile Image
I think that Bludanzer22 and I will sign up for this. We also have a couple non-BC friends who will be there and I can ask them if they might be interested in going along.
Profile Image
Thanks
Profile Image
Me too! Thanks!
Profile Image
Me too! Thanks!

Ooops just realized I'm too late! Sorry
Profile Image
Me too! Thanks!

Ooops just realized I'm too late! Sorry

No, it is still OK
Profile Image
The basement tour sounds too spooky for me. Please sign up for this tour Macaufan and me.
Profile Image

Me, me :)

Thanks!
Profile Image
Sent my payment for this and the basements tour today. €22 for the both ( extra €1 to hopefully cover paypal’s fee)
There did not seem to be anywhere to add a note to confirm nickname, so mine came from the person with initials K H
Profile Image
Sent my payment for this and the basements tour today. €22 for the both ( extra €1 to hopefully cover paypal’s fee)
There did not seem to be anywhere to add a note to confirm nickname, so mine came from the person with initials K H

No, with our new PayPal acount it is impossible to add a note with your nickname, so please send us a PM if you do not want to mention your real name here
Thank you!
Profile Image
(just trying to get myself organized)
Profile Image
(just trying to get myself organized)

You have the same guide for the three visits, Stephane Desbret

He'll wait for you on friday 20th april at 11am, outside the Palais Rohan
Please ask him for the two other visits, on friday afternoon and saturday morning
Profile Image
thank you, that's fine for me, but the participants in the afternoon tour who are not doing the morning one will also need to know where it starts...
Profile Image
thank you, that's fine for me, but the participants in the afternoon tour who are not doing the morning one will also need to know where it starts...

Yes, but I don't know this, the tourist office only told me for the first visit friday morning. I'll try to join your guide tomorrow.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.