corner corner [bc2018bdx] NSS - Not So Secret

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[bc2018bdx] NSS - Not So Secret

We will also organize a NSS-Not so Secret-it has always been a tradition. It is a pleasure to offer gifts-but also to receive!

To participate it's simple:

- Sign up with your BC-nickname only by PM to http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bc2018bdx

- Note in the PM your preferences, what you like, what you hate (to avoid surprises)
Nickname:
I like:
I do not like:

- Update your wish list on the BC site

- Prepare your package for your NSS-partner. There must be at least one book with BCID and at least one other gift. You make according to your possibilities and your means

- Put your gift on the table provided during the Convention.

With the BCID, your partner will discover your identity

Registration deadline: 10 March 2018
Between 10 and 15 March 2018, you will receive your partner's nickname, and his/her preferences. It gives you time to prepare your parcel, and make some nice gift package

And finally, you will discover on the NSS-table the package left for you

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We will also organize a NSS-Not so Secret-it has always been a tradition. It is a pleasure to offer gifts-but also to receive!

To participate it's simple:

- Sign up with your BC-nickname only by PM to http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bc2018bdx/

- Note in the PM your preferences, what you like, what you hate (to avoid surprises)
Nickname:
I like:
I do not like:

- Update your wish list on the BC site

- Prepare your package for your NSS-partner. There must be at least one book with BCID and at least one other gift. You make according to your possibilities and your means

- Put your gift on the table provided during the Convention.

With the BCID, your partner will discover your identity

Registration deadline: 10 March 2018
Between 10 and 15 March 2018, you will receive your partner's nickname, and his/her preferences. It gives you time to prepare your parcel, and make some nice gift package

And finally, you will discover on the NSS-table the package left for you
Profile Image
Quite a while ago (January 10th) I sent a PM through BC to the above mentioned profile to enlist in the NSS-Bordeaux.

When I did not hear anything, January 19th, I posted a message on the BC-website saying that I have tried to enlist for the NSS-Bordeaux. At that same day I resent the PM to the profile above mentioned: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bc2018bdx/

I just checked the site, after reading that it has been updated, but I still miss my name in the list.
Did my PMs come through? Did I forget something that prevents you from entering me on the list?
Please let me know, so I can correct mistakes if there are any :-)
Profile Image
As this is my first convention, and my first NSS, i have a question about what to write in "i like/i don't like ":

Is it referring to the books or the non-book-part of the parcel? Or to both?
Profile Image
As this is my first convention, and my first NSS, i have a question about what to write in "i like/i don't like ":

Both :-)
Profile Image

Both :-)

As I remember it from last year it is the non-book-part, and for the book-part, you make sure to have an updated wishlist on bookcrossing. Looking forward to seeing you at the convention:-)
Profile Image
from the NSS-liste

Somebody missed? Please telle me!
Now I prepare the PMs...

Thank you for your patience
Profile Image
for the NSS, but I still wait for answers from Trinibell and Teachie

Profile Image

Thanks for the reminder, but i decided against participating.
Profile Image

Thanks for the reminder, but i decided against participating.

OK, no problem
Profile Image
I seem to be replying to this all over the place!
I like chocolate, fruit teas and trying various spices for cooking. I also enjoy knitting so anything to do with that. I don't like toffees or caramels.
I enjoy any book with a good storyline but I am not keen on romances , cowboy books or sci-fi.
Profile Image
I seem to be replying to this all over the place!
I like chocolate, fruit teas and trying various spices for cooking. I also enjoy knitting so anything to do with that. I don't like toffees or caramels.
I enjoy any book with a good storyline but I am not keen on romances , cowboy books or sci-fi.

I saw your PM, but I'm not with my PC 24/24 - and now I have a date with my dentist...
Profile Image
and now I have a date with my dentist...

Bon courage...
Profile Image
On Facebook teachie said she was waiting to hear from you...
Profile Image
but not yet all finished
Profile Image
I had counted on an assigned partner by the dates mentioned in the original post, to be able to look around for a nice gift for my partner and put together something nice, without being and feeling pressed and stressed because there's only little time to spend on it.

We are now March 22nd one whole week past the last date of the post, with a weekend coming up again. Easter is next week(end), I have illness in the family that eats quite a big chunk of my spare time, in my town there's no abundance of books in other languages and by the time I've decided on my gift, a book I would order online, won't arrive before our departure date. That date has been moved ahead, because the French railway has decided to plan strike days on our travelling days to and from the convention...
Unfortunately again there was no PM today with the name of my partner in NSS.

I have decided that I need a PM with the name of the person assigned to me no later than tomorrow evening (23/3), otherwise I will be withdrawing from the NSS.
Profile Image
I had counted on an assigned partner by the dates mentioned in the original post, to be able to look around for a nice gift for my partner and put together something nice, without being and feeling pressed and stressed because there's only little time to spend on it.

We are now March 22nd one whole week past the last date of the post, with a weekend coming up again. Easter is next week(end), I have illness in the family that eats quite a big chunk of my spare time, in my town there's no abundance of books in other languages and by the time I've decided on my gift, a book I would order online, won't arrive before our departure date. That date has been moved ahead, because the French railway has decided to plan strike days on our travelling days to and from the convention...
Unfortunately again there was no PM today with the name of my partner in NSS.

I have decided that I need a PM with the name of the person assigned to me no later than tomorrow evening (23/3), otherwise I will be withdrawing from the NSS.

I wrote this post this morning :
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9095289
Profile Image

OK

all PM's send (normaly...)

Is there someone who did not receive the Name of his/her partenaire?

Profile Image

RE: OK

PM received. Thanks !
Profile Image

RE: RE: OK

PM received. Thanks !

Mine too ! Thank you !!!
Profile Image

RE: OK

Macaufan said he didn't get anything yet. He has been checking since I got mine. Is his sent already? If you like, please send me a copy too so I can forward to him.
Profile Image

RE: RE: OK

Macaufan said he didn't get anything yet. He has been checking since I got mine. Is his sent already? If you like, please send me a copy too so I can forward to him.

I send the PM on 23rd of march, but I can send you a copy

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.