corner corner Where are you staying in Bordeaux?

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Where are you staying in Bordeaux?

I will be popping over from Fri eve to Sunday p.m.
Want to stay as near to the venue as poss.
What have you all found?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I will be popping over from Fri eve to Sunday p.m.
Want to stay as near to the venue as poss.
What have you all found?
Profile Image
with hotels and b&b's ASAP
Profile Image
Same as last time; it's very close to the venue. But they don't have many rooms.

Profile Image
A number of us have booked into City Residence Bordeaux Centre. Good price and reasonably close to the venue, I see they still have some studio apartments available.
Profile Image
A number of us have booked into City Residence Bordeaux Centre. Good price and reasonably close to the venue, I see they still have some studio apartments available.
My three friends, my mother and I are staying there as well. We arrive on Wednesday before the convention.
Profile Image
A number of us have booked into City Residence Bordeaux Centre. Good price and reasonably close to the venue,

I'm one of them, too.

My very first convention that is no UnCon,
;-))
Profile Image
In the recommended Hotel l'Opera. Not the closest but my price range.
Profile Image

I do not know this hotel personnally but actually I'm on my way to Bordeaux (I'll be there after the 20 november), and I'll have a look at it. It's not so far away from the venue, about a 10-15 min walk. And there are also the two tramways B and C just beside, on the Place Quinconces.
Profile Image

Same with me. I think a 15 min walk to the convention venue is not that bad.
Profile Image
I made a priority to be close to the venue as we are once again bringing our children - given that Isak gets leave from school. So I have booked Hotel Notre Dame and hope that will be great.
Profile Image
I made a priority to be close to the venue as we are once again bringing our children - given that Isak gets leave from school. So I have booked Hotel Notre Dame and hope that will be great.

Yes, it is a nice hotel in an old building, a 5 min walk from the venue. Lot of shops and restaurants in the street Notre Dame.

Profile Image
I am booked in at the Hotel Notre Dame, too!
Looking forward to a great time in Bordeaux :-))
Profile Image
which is not cool but cool in another way.
Profile Image

I'll be there as well. Doesn't matter how cool it is, the main thing is that it's cheap :D I was looking at Ibis Bastide as well, but on the other side of the river seems a bit inconvenient maybe...
Profile Image

I'll be there as well. Doesn't matter how cool it is, the main thing is that it's cheap :D I was looking at Ibis Bastide as well, but on the other side of the river seems a bit inconvenient maybe...

Yes that's right.

Juste outside of the Ibis Mériadeck you can get the tramway A direction Floirac/Bassens, change at stop Porte de Bourgogne (3 stops) to take the tramway C direction Park d'exposition/Gare de Blanquefort, and leave this tramway at Paul Doumer (4 stops)

Attention: in all french hotels, the breafast is not includet in the price!

Profile Image
Attention: in all french hotels, the breafast is not includet in the price!

Mine is.
Profile Image
need to decide how long I'll stay in the city first!
Profile Image
So far I've found Notre Dame or Quality hotel with twins still available but still deciding
Fingers crossed my payment was received the other day and my cousin and I will be there.
Waiting for Euro star to start selling tickets for April to also decide if we will catch the train from Ashford or fly out.
Profile Image

Waiting for Euro star to start selling tickets for April to also decide if we will catch the train from Ashford or fly out.

We stranded half way with our train tickets as well, since the return trip wasn't for sale yet... Next try will be Sunday :-)
Profile Image

I changed to Hotel Notre Dame because it is so close by. I booked directly so it is cheaper.

I will probably go insane looking for my reservation in the Booking.com App lol

Does anyone need a room in Hotel Opera? I haven’t cancelled mine yet.

Profile Image
who booked in the Hotel Notre Dame?

I'll try to negotiate a price for us

Profile Image
I am staying at the Hotel Notre Dame. I am booked in from 18 - 24 April.
Profile Image

I note Hotel Notre Dame for booked it there too ! I'm going to organize that next week as I am on holidays, and TGV billets too !
Profile Image

I'm booked in there.
Profile Image

I'm booked in there.

I've also booked Hotel Notre Dame.
Profile Image
I made a reservation for Hotel Notre Dame, too, from Thursday to Sunday.
Profile Image
So we end up booking at Ibis Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck. I don't believe it's close by but seems easy to travel w tram?

Please let me know if there are better options. I can cancel for free and book elsewhere.
Profile Image
I'll be staying with my non-BookCrossing wife in a nearby AirBnB.

Unfortunately we're leaving for other things on Saturday morning, but the flat has a couple of single beds in a second room if anybody is interested in a cheap place to stay from Wednesday to Saturday.
Profile Image
And tomorrow I'm going to take my train tickets.
Profile Image
see you there :)

Great !!!
Profile Image
Me too! See y'all there!
(Flight booked too, now I just need to book the convention ticket - will do that tomorrow.)
Profile Image
Me too! See y'all there!
(Flight booked too, now I just need to book the convention ticket - will do that tomorrow.)

Glad to see you there !
Profile Image

Finally

I received an answer from Hotel Notre Dame (the other Hotels never answer...):
they offer the breakfast for 4€ instead of 8€, just tell them that you take part of the BC convention
Profile Image
That's great. Thank you.
Profile Image
That's great. Thank you.

Very good ! Thank you !
Profile Image
Andromeda78 and I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon, missing out on the chateau tour but hoping to take in some sights on the Friday before everyone meets up. There is a meal on Thursday night, is there somewhere I can sign up for that?
Profile Image
See you at Hotel Notre Dame, I just booked by room :-)
Profile Image
See you at Hotel Notre Dame, I just booked my room :-)

Hooray! Look forward to seeing you!
Profile Image

Me too, see you there!
Profile Image

Me too, see you there!

Me too !

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.