corner corner UK Uncon 2018

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

UK Uncon 2018

The location for next year's convention will be...Ipswich in Suffolk As soon as a venue is secured the date will be announced. The fun continues. Hurrah.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The location for next year's convention will be...Ipswich in Suffolk As soon as a venue is secured the date will be announced. The fun continues. Hurrah.
Profile Image
I've never been to Suffolk.
Profile Image
ooh, you should come :)
Profile Image
I've never been to Suffolk.

Same for me!
Why not, it depends the date.
Profile Image
Sounds tempting.
I will keep this in mind, esp. by the time I'm going to plan all of my trips for next year. :)
Profile Image
Great. Never been there. I'll most probably live in Europe again then, so I might come :-)
Profile Image
Great. Never been there. I'll most probably live in Europe again then, so I might come :-)

Yay! :-)
Profile Image

Goodnews

Looking forward to it!
Profile Image

Hi

Silly question but what happens at these conventions xxx
Profile Image
The Convention takes place over a weekend starting on Friday evening with some ice breaker games (in 2018 at Ipswich it will be a book quiz) and a buffet.
On Saturday we have author speakers ; 2 or perhaps 3. We also hope to run one or two workshops e.g making things out of books.
On Saturday evening there will be meals out in restaurants. Several get booked (Chinese, Indian, always an English, etc) and you make your choice according to your appetite. The Irish usually make a night of it so you can join them in the pub afterwards and have a bit of a knees up!!
On Sunday we do a release walk around the town with the leftover books from the book buffet (everyone brings registered books to share).
Other things like The Bookswap Game or some geocaching or some knitting often happen too.
It's very informal. Drop in for some or all of it. Chat with other bookcrossers, wander around the locale, sit in a corner and read a good book for an hour, no one minds.
I hope you will think about coming?
Profile Image

It's very informal. Drop in for some or all of it. Chat with other bookcrossers, wander around the locale, sit in a corner and read a good book for an hour, no one minds.
I hope you will think about coming?

Yes, just come and see! Conventions and UnCons are always great moments!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.