corner corner Travelling to Loughborough Uncon

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Travelling to Loughborough Uncon

I've finally booked my flight to East Midlands Airport. The website warns about reduced lanes, speed restrictions and diversions around East Midlands Airport including the A453 and M1. Can anyone tell me if this is going to add much time to the bus journey? Getting there won't matter but I'll be travelling back to the airport on Monday morning in the rush hour.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've finally booked my flight to East Midlands Airport. The website warns about reduced lanes, speed restrictions and diversions around East Midlands Airport including the A453 and M1. Can anyone tell me if this is going to add much time to the bus journey? Getting there won't matter but I'll be travelling back to the airport on Monday morning in the rush hour.

Profile Image
It depends what bus you are taking as they take different routes but you'll have a little fallout even if your bus doesn't go on that route from commuters trying to avoid both of those roads.
Profile Image

Going by car?

I will be driving up from Northampton; if anyone wants to car share please let me know!
Profile Image
I've just taken a peek at Eurostar options and I must say I'm tempted to come to the Unconvention. :-)
Profile Image
I've just taken a peek at Eurostar options and I must say I'm tempted to come to the Unconvention. :-)

Come Fifna! You'll love it! It is fab to put faces to names!
Profile Image
and get the train

Our flight out on Sunday was 6:40 in the morning out of East Midlands, we are flying home at the sensible hour of 15:15 out of Birmingham
Profile Image
The flight times can be quite odd some tiems. Glad you got it sorted though :)
Profile Image

Rochester and I are flying from Glasgow to Nottingham East Midlands on Friday morning. we will catch the bus to Loughborough and will arrive at 1pm.

I will be catching a bus or train to Manchester on Sunday afternoon (anyone driving to Manchester by car????) and will fly from there on Monday morning back to Germany.
Profile Image
I'll be arriving around 12pm (every flight I've got to East Midlands has been late/cancelled - I used to do the journey regularly for work). We might bump into each other at the bus stop.
Profile Image
I started travelling last Saturday already... have now arrived in Lochinver.

Tomorrow I'll pick up Rochester74 and we will both meet swan-scot snd her husband.

Yeah!
Profile Image
We are boarding our plane to Nottingham
Profile Image
We have arrived and guess who arrived at exactly the same time as we did - from Edinburgh
Profile Image
We have arrived and guess who arrived at exactly the same time as we did - from Edinburgh

It was me!
Profile Image
I am on a bus from the airport to London now, and will chance to train there. I am sitting here with the good feeling you get when you run for the bus, get there with a one minute margin and get the last available seat:-) Maybe I can take an earlier train. Looking forward to the uncon!
Profile Image
I'm on the train from London to Loughborough too! Maybe we're on the same one.
Profile Image
I'm on the train from London to Loughborough too! Maybe we're on the same one.
Maybe we were, but I saw this too late to look for you. See you soon!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.