corner corner Bookcrossing Convention 2018 in Bordeaux from 20th to 22nd april

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bookcrossing Convention 2018 in Bordeaux from 20th to 22nd april

Hello!
May I introduce myself?

I am the Bally from Bordeaux, and I manages the organisation for the Convention 2018, I inform you, I register, I make the invitations, in brief I'm the one who makes everything

To be honest with you, we are four Bookcrossers hidden behind this nick name "bc2018bdx":
Mariesg (she loves money!), Wilena (she loves writing), Jemlire (do you remember Helpfull Tom in Oxford? This Helpfull Jemlire) and Krissa33, well Krissa, in fact we do not know exactly what she is doing to part to order...

First info (and not the least):
We already have a website, not yet complete, but that works, and where you can sign up. You can pay by SEPA and PayPal.

There is an early bird price till 31 december, 40€, after it is 45€
Children comming with a Bookcrosser til age of 14 are free

Our website:
http://www.bc2018bdx.org/
Our email:
bc2018bdx@gmx.fr
And also
#bc2018bdx

Looking forward to see you!

Our venue:
Halle des Chartrons
Place du Marché des Chartrons
33000 Bordeaux

http://www.bordeaux.fr/---/halle-des-chartrons
(Sorry, only in french)

A nice place, with lots of restaurants beside, and a 3-minutes-walk from the OBCZ Paul's Place

NSS - Not So Secret
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/546677

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello!
May I introduce myself?

I am the Bally from Bordeaux, and I manages the organisation for the Convention 2018, I inform you, I register, I make the invitations, in brief I'm the one who makes everything

To be honest with you, we are four Bookcrossers hidden behind this nick name "bc2018bdx":
Mariesg (she loves money!), Wilena (she loves writing), Jemlire (do you remember Helpfull Tom in Oxford? This Helpfull Jemlire) and Krissa33, well Krissa, in fact we do not know exactly what she is doing to part to order...

First info (and not the least):
We already have a website, not yet complete, but that works, and where you can sign up. You can pay by SEPA and PayPal.

There is an early bird price till 31 december, 40€, after it is 45€
Children comming with a Bookcrosser til age of 14 are free

Our website:
http://www.bc2018bdx.org
Our email:
bc2018bdx@gmx.fr
And also
#bc2018bdx

Looking forward to see you!

Our venue:
Halle des Chartrons
Place du Marché des Chartrons
33000 Bordeaux

http://www.bordeaux.fr/---/halle-des-chartrons
(Sorry, only in french)

A nice place, with lots of restaurants beside, and a 3-minutes-walk from the OBCZ Paul's Place

NSS - Not So Secret
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/546677

Profile Image

I'll be there!

Profile Image
Great faizy!
Profile Image

hoping

Let's hope I will be able to get off work and join you!
Profile Image
I am looking forward to seeing old and new friends in Bordeaux:-)
Profile Image
:) :) :)
Profile Image

Me too !
Profile Image

Me too !

Me three :-)
Profile Image
I've submitted a form for myself and wife.

We're leaving on a cruise (from Barcelona or Seville) immediately after. In fact, we may not be able to attend on Saturday or Sunday.

Planning to arrive on Wednesday, most likely after a two day roadtrip from Paris, and participate in whatever shenanigans are arranged for Thursday and Friday so long as they involve wine.
Profile Image

We're leaving on a cruise (from Barcelona or Seville) immediately after. In fact, we may not be able to attend on Saturday or Sunday.

Planning to arrive on Wednesday, most likely after a two day roadtrip from Paris, and participate in whatever shenanigans are arranged for Thursday and Friday so long as they involve wine.

Don't worry, there will be wine ;-)
Nice to meet you again!
Profile Image
Planning to ... participate in whatever shenanigans are arranged for Thursday and Friday so long as they involve wine.

Don't worry, there will be wine ;-)
Nice to meet you again!
Looking forward to it immensely. It will be good to have a seasoned expert point me to the best, tastiest, and cheapest wine.

I'd best brush up on my French. Last time I was in Paris, I'd speak like a local, and after a few sentences they would tell me, wincing, "Please M'sieur, do not speak French!"
Profile Image
I'd best brush up on my French.

Duolingo works fairly well.

I brushed up my French and Spanish using it.
Profile Image

Great! I was disappointed not to see you in Oslo.
I myself am really looking forward to the con. Just submitted my registration.
Profile Image
Looking forward to catching up with you - and all those I missed in Oslo.

There was no hope for it. Our tour of Iran started on the Friday of the convention, and our guide, who has been leading tours of the place for over fifty years, ain't getting no younger.

If we put it off for another year, we might miss out. And likely we'd clash with Bordeaux anyway.

Had a fabulous time, but there was this ache in my heart about missing Oslo.
Profile Image

There was no hope for it. Our tour of Iran started on the Friday of the convention, and our guide, who has been leading tours of the place for over fifty years, ain't getting no younger.

If we put it off for another year, we might miss out. And likely we'd clash with Bordeaux anyway.

We missed you!! :-)
Profile Image

I missed you, too!!
Profile Image

We're leaving on a cruise (from Barcelona or Seville) immediately after.

Barcelona would probably work better as Seville is completely landlocked.
Profile Image

There are river cruises from Seville along the Guadalquivir.
Profile Image

There are river cruises from Seville along the Guadalquivir.

I didn't know that. You learn something every day.
Profile Image
I haven't attended a Convention since we hosted the 2011 convention here in the Washington, DC area, so I'm anxious to attend another. My wife and I are most likely going to attend, but will probably include the convention as part of a longer visit to France. We'll probably wait to register for the convention until the rest of our plans begin to firm up a bit.
Profile Image
I haven't attended a Convention since we hosted the 2011 convention here in the Washington, DC area, so I'm anxious to attend another. My wife and I are most likely going to attend, but will probably include the convention as part of a longer visit to France. We'll probably wait to register for the convention until the rest of our plans begin to firm up a bit.

Would be lovely to see you both.
Profile Image
...I just need to know on where in Bordeaux and then I can start booking everything!
Profile Image
Went to the website but can't see any details about where in Bordeaux the Convention is to be held, but will sign up soon!
Profile Image
They have identified a lovely building for the convention but won't know until next month whether they can have it. So not too long to wait probably.
Profile Image
Krissa33, is there a specific date in July they will decide if we get the venue? I am crossing my fingers it will go our way!

Let me know if I can help with anything.
Profile Image
Krissa33, is there a specific date in July they will decide if we get the venue? I am crossing my fingers it will go our way!

No. I called them by phone last week to ask if evrything is ok with all the papers I send, and they could not give me an exact date. The guy just said "in july"
So sorry, I'm afraid that we must go on crossing our fingers...
Profile Image

No. I called them by phone last week to ask if evrything is ok with all the papers I send, and they could not give me an exact date. The guy just said "in july"
So sorry, I'm afraid that we must go on crossing our fingers...
OK, fingers crossed:-)
Profile Image
Krissa33, is there a specific date in July they will decide if we get the venue?

I received from the City of Bordeaux an e-mail three days ago telling me that they will come together the first week of july, and they will inform me some days later - so next week please everybody cross all fingers!

Profile Image
so next week please everybody cross all fingers!

Fingers are crossed :-)
Profile Image
so next week please everybody cross all fingers!

Fingers are crossed :-)

+1
Profile Image
Krissa33, is there a specific date in July they will decide if we get the venue?

I received from the City of Bordeaux an e-mail three days ago telling me that they will come together the first week of july, and they will inform me some days later - so next week please everybody cross all fingers!

I have crossed my fingers all week (imagitively, it was to difficult working and writing on the computer with fingers crossed:-) ) Hopefully it has helped:-)
Profile Image

Sadly...

...I can no longer come!

Shame really...
Profile Image
...I can no longer come!

Shame really...

Ohh so sorry :-(
Profile Image
on your venue?
Profile Image
on your venue?

I assume as we've not heard from you, you didn't get the venue you wanted.
Profile Image
on your venue?

I assume as we've not heard from you, you didn't get the venue you wanted.

We met Krissa last week-end and asked her. She is very hopeful she got the location she wanted but has not received a definite answer yet.

But she recommended the Opera Hotel near the location, so I already booked :-)
Profile Image
But she recommended the Opera Hotel near the location, so I already booked :-)

I've booked it too. Thanks
Profile Image
And it seems there's no venue yet. :-(

We were looking at possible ways to travel to Bordeaux, places to stay and were curious to find out where all the fun will be...

Good luck on your attempts to find a venue! Hopefully things will move smoother now the holiday period is (almost) over.
Profile Image
I filled in the form and payed the fee. I want to make sure that my application and money did not went astray.
Thanks in advance for enlightening...
Profile Image

Yessss

Got it !
We have our venue !

A real nice place :
Halle des Chartrons
Place du Marché
Bordeaux-Chartrons

All arrond this place are a lot of restaurants and it is a 3-minutes-walk from the OBCZ Paul's Place (@Missmarkey : do you remember this place ? )
You can reach it with tramway B and C

Thank you for fingercrossing 👍
I'm happy, this makes my week-end
Profile Image
Super happy to be in the Chartrons again!
Profile Image
Excellent! Well done.
Profile Image

RE: Yessss

Wonderful news, now we can look for accommodation and start getting excited!
Profile Image
from Thurs to Sun. Same place as last time but the nice little room I had on the top floor is no longer available.
Now I just have to pay the rest of the registration fee and decide how I'm going to get there. Thinking of spending some time in Paris, before or after.
Profile Image
You definitely should do that. After Bordeaux last year I went on to Paris by train and had a wonderful few days staying in the Montmatre district.
Profile Image

Fantastique!!!

Profile Image
Got it !
We have our venue !

Good news :-)
Profile Image

Got it !
We have our venue !
I am so glad to hear, Krissa33! I hope everything is going well with the planing.
Profile Image
Got it !
We have our venue !

A real nice place :
Halle des Chartrons
Place du Marché
Bordeaux-Chartrons

All arrond this place are a lot of restaurants and it is a 3-minutes-walk from the OBCZ Paul's Place (@Missmarkey : do you remember this place ? )
You can reach it with tramway B and C

Thank you for fingercrossing 👍
I'm happy, this makes my week-end

Profile Image
That's brilliant news.
Yes, I remember that amazing place. I want to eat there next year!!
Time to start looking at accommodation then I think.
Profile Image

We've started making bookings. As mentioned earlier, I'm working on a roadtrip from Paris to Bordeaux. There are six of us so far, and we'll assemble in Paris the previous weekend, taking three days to drive down via Bayeux, Mont St Michel and St Malo, arriving Wednesday afternoon.

I've set up a Facebook private group for planning and discussion, let me know if you need an invite; I'd hate for anyone to feel excluded from having the opportunity.

Not a grand luxury tour; we're looking at minivans and AirBnbs. Probably a maximum of a dozen participants all told, enough to have dinner together comfortably.
Profile Image

Yes !

Super ! Now, I can subscribe myself and see for the hôtel.
Profile Image

Perfect!

Registration & booking accommodation : done!
Profile Image

Sorry

We received money from a lot of people on our PayPal account. Thank you.

But I'm on the road, and I have a problem with my laptop, it does not work any more without an electric connexion, cause the batterie is broken. Well, all my acced codes are inside this laptop...

So I cannot make updates for the moment, I'm sorry.

But don't worry, everything will be OK for the Convention
Profile Image

:-)

Registration for the convention? Check
Payment (by bank transfer) for the convention? Check
Accomodation? Check

Looks like we're ready :-)
Profile Image

RE: :-)

Registration for the convention? Check
Payment (by bank transfer) for the convention? Check
Accomodation? Check

Looks like we're ready :-)

Great!
Profile Image

Finally

I made some updates on the homepage (attendees, venue)
If you are not on the list please tell me!
For the moment I checked only the PayPal payements, the bank payments will come later

Edit
I miss the nickname of ODonoghue, I saw your registration but without you nick...

Profile Image
For the moment I checked only the PayPal payements, the bank payments will come later

Edit
I miss the nickname of ODonoghue, I saw your registration but without you nick...

That could be helod from Dublin
Profile Image

Thanks for adding my (nick)name to the list of attendees :-) I also expected a Mr. Boekentrol there (I added his name to my registration, for he has no real BC nickname). I did see Mrs. Skyring, M. Teachie and M. Romney. Did I do wrong and did I have to fill in a form form Mr. Boekentrol as well? I did pay by SEPA for both of us.
Please let me know!
Profile Image

Thanks for adding my (nick)name to the list of attendees :-) I also expected a Mr. Boekentrol there (I added his name to my registration, for he has no real BC nickname). I did see Mrs. Skyring, M. Teachie and M. Romney. Did I do wrong and did I have to fill in a form form Mr. Boekentrol as well? I did pay by SEPA for both of us.
Please let me know!

Oh no, my mistake! I did not read the registration forum till the end. I'll make the update next time I have internet and electric connections
Sorry!
Profile Image

Please let me know!

Oh no, my mistake! I did not read the registration forum till the end. I'll make the update next time I have internet and electric connections
Sorry!

No problem!
Profile Image
the bank payments will come later

Have you been able to check the bank payements? It would be nice to know if our payment has arrived at the right bank account ;-)
Profile Image
the bank payments will come later

Have you been able to check the bank payements? It would be nice to know if our payment has arrived at the right bank account ;-)

Not yet... sorry
ASAP
Profile Image

Good news!

I just booked the best tourist guide from Bordeaux for a 3-hours-guided-walk on sunday 22 afternoon.
Who will come?
Profile Image
Who will come?

ME! (travelling allowing) When will you need to know by because I can't book the train until 90 days before?
Profile Image
I just booked the best tourist guide from Bordeaux for a 3-hours-guided-walk on sunday 22 afternoon.
Who will come?

Count the two of us in please! We'll be leaving on Monday :-)
Profile Image
Oh, I will be gone by then, what a shame! Are you planning any activities for Thursday?
Profile Image
Ooh, please add me!
Profile Image

RE: Good news!

I'm pretty sure that Bludanzer22 and I will be there. I need to get the whole registration taken care of this weekend, but we are already planning a grand excursion before and after convention.
Profile Image
I'm pretty sure that Bludanzer22 and I will be there. I need to get the whole registration taken care of this weekend, but we are already planning a grand excursion before and after convention.

Good news indeed!! Glad to know we are not the only attendees from US.
Profile Image
Who will come?

Might be there as well, am hoping that I can stay until Monday :)
Profile Image
I will be there!
Profile Image

PayPal

Yesterday we received 40 € on PayPal, but without a nickname
Who was it please?
The same person who filled the register form without à nickname...
Could you please send a PM to tell us who you are?
Thank you!
Profile Image

RE: PayPal

Hi, think that's me. Helen Odonoghue, my nickname is helod. Paid €40 through PayPal. Please add me to attendees list. Thanks.
Profile Image
I have been preparing for the convention by sampling Bordeaux, most recently at 12 kilometres above the Tasman.

Kind of wishing at the moment this was being held in Shiraz, but I’m sure I’ll grow accustomed to Bordeaux.

Looking forward to having a masterwork stew on Stewart Island for the A/NZ unconvention starting tomorrow.
Profile Image
https://bc2018bdx.blogspot.de/---/attendees.html
You don´t find yourself on the attendees list?
Tell me please!

There is also a schedule

Profile Image
Yes :-) we're there and I see our payment has reached you as well. Great!!

https://bc2018bdx.blogspot.de/---/attendees.html
You don´t find yourself on the attendees list?
Tell me please!

There is also a schedule

Profile Image
Excursion to a vineyard.... ....as wine lovers (not only raki rebells) hugbert & me in, please. 😋🍷
Profile Image
Woohoo, calling all Guinness girls and raki rebels - your next assignnent awaits,
Profile Image
I'm a Guiness girl, and hubby could qualify for raki rebel... I guess I (we) can't escape this assignment 😜

Woohoo, calling all Guinness girls and raki rebels - your next assignnent awaits,

Profile Image
in english, german and french
Have a look in the store to order
If you want to create bookplates in another language, I can send you the Picture
Profile Image
NSS - Not So Secret
We will also organize a NSS-Not so Secret-it has always been a tradition. It is a pleasure to offer gifts-but also to receive!

To participate it's simple:

- Sign up with your BC-nickname only by PM to http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bc2018bdx/

- Note in the PM your preferences, what you like, what you hate (to avoid surprises)
Nickname:
I like:
I do not like:

- Update your wish list on the BC site

- Prepare your package for your NSS-partner. There must be at least one book with BCID and at least one other gift. You make according to your possibilities and your means

- Put your gift on the table provided during the Convention.

With the BCID, your partner will discover your identity

Registration deadline: 10 March 2018
Between 10 and 15 March 2018, you will receive your partner's nickname, and his/her preferences. It gives you time to prepare your parcel, and make some nice gift package

And finally, you will discover on the NSS-table the package left for you
Profile Image
here:
http://bc2018bdx.blogspot.fr/---/accomodation.html

Next month I'll be in Bordeaux, and than I look for other places

Profile Image
from 18th - 25th.

A friend visited Bordeaux last year, she was really impressed by the city and assured me that it is no problem to be an english speaking tourist.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.