corner corner Oslo 2017 - Not So Secret (NSS) gift giving

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Oslo 2017 - Not So Secret (NSS) gift giving

Do you want to participate in the Not So Secret (NSS) gift giving at the convention in Oslo, but can not find your name on the list below? Please sign up now: https://bcoslo.wordpress.com/---/register-for-the-convention

alexotanil
ApoloniaX
Appelsiini
azuki
BAMP
chawoso
Diotallevi
dracessa
Drosophilist
earthcaroleanne
elis-fromSweden
Enitnaj
FraukeRo
Haugtussa
hingrald
janna2
Jannike
jemlire
JemmaJ
Jishka
Krissa33
lamelemon
LeishaCamden
lii5a
lilith89
lunacia
MÉDICOSALEGRETE
MissMarkey
MLA
oehoeboeroe
OldVulture
over-the-moon
Panzeranzi
Paws4books
Poodlesister
qued
rahar109
sota48
Tarya
Teachie
travelina
Xarodoc
Zimort

(list updated as of 9th March)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Do you want to participate in the Not So Secret (NSS) gift giving at the convention in Oslo, but can not find your name on the list below? Please sign up now: https://bcoslo.wordpress.com/---/register-for-the-convention/

alexotanil
ApoloniaX
Appelsiini
azuki
BAMP
chawoso
Diotallevi
dracessa
Drosophilist
earthcaroleanne
elis-fromSweden
Enitnaj
FraukeRo
Haugtussa
hingrald
janna2
Jannike
jemlire
JemmaJ
Jishka
Krissa33
lamelemon
LeishaCamden
lii5a
lilith89
lunacia
MÉDICOSALEGRETE
MissMarkey
MLA
oehoeboeroe
OldVulture
over-the-moon
Panzeranzi
Paws4books
Poodlesister
qued
rahar109
sota48
Tarya
Teachie
travelina
Xarodoc
Zimort

(list updated as of 9th March)
Profile Image
Please sign up by 11th March if you want to join.

If you are taking part, remember to take a look at your wishlist (http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/your-bc-name/wishlist) to ensure that it is up to date with your actual wishes, and that books you no longer wish for have been removed. Thanks!
Profile Image
I signed up yesterday, but is it possible to make a change or add something?
Profile Image
Yes, it is possible to add or change something as long as you do it by 11th March. The best for is that you just send in the form again with the correct content, and we will let the last one count.
Profile Image
Yes, it is possible to add or change something as long as you do it by 11th March. The best for is that you just send in the form again with the correct content, and we will let the last one count.

Oh, okay... I had a fairly lenthy list of things, though, so I don't think I will rewrite the whole thing just to add one think that I really like. (Then I will be likely to forget a whole bunch of things, as things are these days...)
Profile Image

Oh, okay... I had a fairly lenthy list of things, though, so I don't think I will rewrite the whole thing just to add one think that I really like. (Then I will be likely to forget a whole bunch of things, as things are these days...)

If you are sure that you just want to add something, you can also just specify that you want to add something, and what it is, in the new form without repeating everything.
Profile Image

If you are sure that you just want to add something, you can also just specify that you want to add something, and what it is, in the new form without repeating everything.

Aha, okay. Oh well, it's honestly not a big deal. I'll survive. ;-)
Profile Image

I am sure you will, but now your extra wish has been added and will be included when sent to your NSS-partner:-)
Profile Image

I am sure you will, but now your extra wish has been added and will be included when sent to your NSS-partner:-)

Aw, that's super nice of you!
Profile Image
...sota48 have sent all NSS-participants an e-mail by now, letting you know who your NSS-partner is, their wishes and dislikes. Anyone taking part who has not received information about who your NSS-partner is?
Profile Image
...sota48 have sent all NSS-participants an e-mail by now, letting you know who your NSS-partner is, their wishes and dislikes. Anyone taking part who has not received information about who your NSS-partner is?

I went shopping for my goodie bag and my NSS gift, when I realized that I never did get an email about my partner. Can you re-sent the detail to me please? Thank you!! (I've pm'ed sota48 as well)
Profile Image
I have PM'ed you.
Profile Image
I have PM'ed you.

All good, thanks!!
Profile Image
I got everything sorted for my NSS - I hope my partner likes it! (JemmaJ)
Profile Image
to late :-(
I would have liked to participate
Profile Image

Give me until tomorrow and I will try and find a place for you in the game. I will PM you.
Profile Image

Give me until tomorrow and I will try and find a place for you in the game. I will PM you.

wonderful , thank you ;-)
Profile Image
Will there be a bookswap game? If yes, I'll have to fit another book into my luggage because I like to participate in these...
Profile Image
Will there be a bookswap game? If yes, I'll have to fit another book into my luggage because I like to participate in these...
Sorry, no, we have not planned a bookswap game.
Profile Image
well that's fine by me, my bag will be a bit lighter!
Profile Image
Well, I LOVE book swaps. (my version is that the first person reveals a book from another participant, and the next player can either steal that or reveal a new one, right? ) So I am game!!

If we can get a few more interested, I'd love to participate. I am sure we can find a little bit of time between scheduled events to have a few rounds of fun. And I'm bringing books to release already so I will just set aside a few for the game.
Profile Image
Well, I LOVE book swaps. (my version is that the first person reveals a book from another participant, and the next player can either steal that or reveal a new one, right? ) So I am game!!

If we can get a few more interested, I'd love to participate. I am sure we can find a little bit of time between scheduled events to have a few rounds of fun. And I'm bringing books to release already so I will just set aside a few for the game.

I would love a bookswap game too :)
Profile Image
MissMarkey has volunteered to lead a bookswap game for up to 20 people. We will post a separate thread for this.
Profile Image
MissMarkey has volunteered to lead a bookswap game

Great.
I am sad I was too late to sign up for the NSS.
Profile Image
As I was unable to attend the convention (silly work); I am wondering if I can send my NSS parcel to its owner? I am able to do that, or do you still want me to send it to you, Signe?!
Profile Image
As I was unable to attend the convention (silly work); I am wondering if I can send my NSS parcel to its owner? I am able to do that, or do you still want me to send it to you, Signe?!
Sorry for the late reply, JemmaJ. I will send you a PM.
Profile Image
Hey, guys. I never got a present from my NSS friend at the convention. I guess he/she couldn't make it to Oslo. But I still haven't received anything and haven't heard anything about it. Should I be worried?
Profile Image
Hey, guys. I never got a present from my NSS friend at the convention. I guess he/she couldn't make it to Oslo. But I still haven't received anything and haven't heard anything about it. Should I be worried?
I will ask sota48 to look into it.
Profile Image
I will ask sota48 to look into it.
We think a little misunderstanding has happend here. I will send you a PM about this.
Profile Image

Can't have you missing out. I'll send you a parcel from my home town. PM me your address.
Profile Image
Can't have you missing out. I'll send you a parcel from my home town. PM me your address.

Oh my God! That's so very nice of you! <3
Profile Image

answer?

Sorry to be so persistent but I still haven't got an answer to what has happened.
Profile Image
Sorry to be so persistent but I still haven't got an answer to what has happened.
Sorry, I did not come around to sending you a PM. I will do tomorrow.
Profile Image
Sorry, I did not come around to sending you a PM. I will do tomorrow.

Mystery is solved, and I will notefy you with PM as well:

So your NSS-partner have been identified, and is very sorry not to have checked better when not remembering if taking part in NSS or not. And very sorry that you have not received the NSS-gift, as promised on the note left for you on the NSS-table.

According to your NSS-partner your NSS-gift has been put together and is ready to be sent to you. To make this as close to the NSS-rules as possible, I will not let you know who your NSS-partner is, but ask you to PM me your address, and I will forward it to your NSS-partner.

All good things come to those who wait:-)

Profile Image
Thanks so very much for all the trouble you've been through, travelina! I just wanted to know what had happened so thank you for the explanation!
I PMed you my address.
Profile Image

At last!

I just received an awesome parcel from my NSS friend! Thanks so much, Diotallevi! And to everyone else who helped figure this mix-up out.
I am so very happy! ^_^

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.