corner corner 2nd Greek Bookcossing Convention/Symposium 2007 in Athens !

Forum | << Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2nd Greek Bookcossing Convention/Symposium 2007 in Athens !

The second Greek Bookcrossing Convention/Symposium will be held from 13th to 15th April 2007 in Athens, Greece, and everybody is welcome to join us!

Symposium is the Greek word that stands for a party, involving philosophical discussions, food, wine, music and often dancing. That's how we aim to follow the ancient spirit and have a great time here!

At the moment our web page is under construction, we negotiate for the best hotel prices and we start putting in action many of our ideas, including a book treasure hunt combined with a walking tour around the historical centre of Athens, a meeting with writers, dinners out drinking rakomelo (the official drink of the Symposium!) and more.
April is a perfect month to visit Greece. No heat, no cold, and the city is mostly sunny and cosy. There will be lots of options during, before and after the convention, like seeing the sites, eating great Greek food, going to concerts, exhibitions, theaters, etc. And don’t forget: Athens is very close to many Aegean islands, which you could visit by boat just within a few hours.

The Convention will take place during the weekend after the Greek Easter, so please keep in mind that accommodation needs to be booked up soon!
If you are interested to come, please PM me and we'll be happy to help you find cheap accommodation.

Be sure to visit our ***Website!!!***
http://greekbc.gr/---/index_en.html

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The second Greek Bookcrossing Convention/Symposium will be held from 13th to 15th April 2007 in Athens, Greece, and everybody is welcome to join us!

Symposium is the Greek word that stands for a party, involving philosophical discussions, food, wine, music and often dancing. That's how we aim to follow the ancient spirit and have a great time here!

At the moment our web page is under construction, we negotiate for the best hotel prices and we start putting in action many of our ideas, including a book treasure hunt combined with a walking tour around the historical centre of Athens, a meeting with writers, dinners out drinking rakomelo (the official drink of the Symposium!) and more.
April is a perfect month to visit Greece. No heat, no cold, and the city is mostly sunny and cosy. There will be lots of options during, before and after the convention, like seeing the sites, eating great Greek food, going to concerts, exhibitions, theaters, etc. And don’t forget: Athens is very close to many Aegean islands, which you could visit by boat just within a few hours.

The Convention will take place during the weekend after the Greek Easter, so please keep in mind that accommodation needs to be booked up soon!
If you are interested to come, please PM me and we'll be happy to help you find cheap accommodation.

Be sure to visit our ***Website!!!***
http://greekbc.gr/index_en.html
Profile Image
But maybe I could send some books instead?
Profile Image
Sure you can! Contact deadendmind for more information.

Sorry you won't be able to come. May be next year? :)
Profile Image
I shouldn't have even questioned you!

Ant, dreaming of yummy Greek food and wishing she was was coming there too ...
Profile Image

:-)

And I went and answered to you in chit chat before seeing this, lol!

*hugs*
Profile Image

rakomelo?

Meddyg would like to know if this rakomelo stuff is as easy to drink as cippuro? However, before try to frighten him, he's decided he will come along and and test it personally. I of course will be on hand to make sure he finds his way back to the hotel safely.

See you all in April

Tehuti
Profile Image
I think Meddyg will enjoy rakomelo! It will be great to see you again both! :-)
Profile Image
Some sections are still under construction, but you can have a look around. We'll be adding new stuff as we go along!
http://greekbc.gr/index_en.html

And a note: For anyone who would like to join us, let us know by the end of December. Thank you!
Profile Image

bump!

You have less than a week to tell us if you'd like to be with us in Athens in April!

And of course you can always send us anything you like! Thank you very much and merry Christmas!!!
Profile Image
We are very excited about our Symposium! :-)
Profile Image

BUMP!!!

Only a breath away :-D
Profile Image
Socrates and the rest of you!
Waiting for reports!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.