corner corner ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter R

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter R

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter R to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another R-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
ravencat
Suezq60
perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
booklady331
lane1088
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
NancyNova
MmeClinton
Ann1244
iwillrejoice

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter R to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another R-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
ravencat
Suezq60
perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
booklady331
lane1088
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
NancyNova
MmeClinton
Ann1244
iwillrejoice

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
... heading out tomorrow. Tracking #9449009699937342160316. Happy picking!

Profile Image
These are probably the books I was thinking of when I said that was fast. I've pm ed, southernfryed. She is up next for this and the B books so if it's ok with everyone and it doesn't take too long for the B's to arrive I'll probably wait and send them all together. Either way, with the holiday Monday, it would be Tues. at the earliest.
Profile Image

They're off!

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Through Rushing Water by Catherine Richmond
Profile Image

I chose Through Rushing Water by Catherine Richmond

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I chose Stone Heart by Luanne Rice. I have pm'd ravencat for an address and will try to get these moving by the end of the week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Books arrived (love the box!!!) and have chosen Legends Lake by JoAnn Ross.
Pm next in line and books will be on the way.
Profile Image
On the way to Suezq60 USPS Tracking# 9549 0112 5414 8067 1903 87
Profile Image
On the way to Suezq60 USPS Tracking# 9549 0112 5414 8067 1903 87

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I have received the books and have chosen The Simplicity of Cider by Amy Reichert. I will send them on to pedestrian shortly.
Profile Image
Books were mailed yesterday, tracking # 9549-0121-1302-8076-1410-31
Profile Image
Books were mailed yesterday, tracking # 9549-0121-1302-8076-1410-31

Thanks, Suezq60!

P.S. Don't forget to journal the book you chose! Thanks.

Profile Image
I am selecting Losing Clementine by Ashley Ream.

I will contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.
Profile Image
Confirmed address, printed label, and books are ready to go in the mail. Tracking:
Profile Image
Confirmed address, printed label, and books are ready to go in the mail. Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I will select "The Plot Against America" by Phillip Roth.

PMing next in line
Profile Image
Will send tomorrow
Profile Image
Will send tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I'm selecting Sandstorm by James Rollins . I'll send the books on in a few days.
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549 01487882 8106 3429 40
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549 01487882 8106 3429 40

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
I selected Board Stiff by Annelise Ryan.
I PMed lane1088 for her address. Hope to go to PO on Friday.
Profile Image
I selected Board Stiff by Annelise Ryan.
I PMed lane1088 for her address. Hope to go to PO on Friday.

Thanks, booklady331.

Profile Image
These books were waiting for me in the mail. I have gone through and selected Then no one can have her by Caitlin Rother.

I have my book ready to go and have PMed the next person. So as soon as i get the address it will go back out.
Profile Image
These books were waiting for me in the mail. I have gone through and selected Then no one can have her by Caitlin Rother.

I have my book ready to go and have PMed the next person. So as soon as i get the address it will go back out.

Thanks, lane1088.

Profile Image
I just sent these out to raralovestoread. Tracking #9540 0132 4773 8128 3710 66.
Profile Image
I have chosen Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio. I will PM the next person in line.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
The BookCrosser who added Murder in Waiting by (Double R) author Robert Richardson did not attach a label with a BCID. Can anyone help??? This is the book I would like to choose.

Added my own, veryifying address with Heartthumper, and will send books along ....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping this here for now to use in the journal entries …

as part of Iwillrejoice's ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter R <a href="http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/549725">(Link)</a>

USPS Tracking Number:
Profile Image
Does anyone have information?

I expect it's from lane1088. She doesn't seem to be registering her books. Just go ahead & register it if you want, Dove-i-libri. Sorry this happened to you.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.