corner corner Otherworldly {Shrinking} Bookbox: Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror: Round IV (USA only)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Otherworldly {Shrinking} Bookbox: Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror: Round IV (USA only)

This bookbox will be a mix of everything not from our reality: science fiction, fantasy and horror. Anything that has elements from a different world will fit in here. This round will be a shrinking box, as I will likely be moving this year, and need to weed out some books! Please take 2-3 more books than you add. So if you add 5 books, take 8. If you add 10 books, take 12.

I will need at least five participants to join the box in order to run it. It will probably be a large box, around 25 books. I will hope to start it traveling at the end of February, so people at the beginning of the list will have about a month to collect books.

To join, just post with any shipping preferences (end of list, etc.) and I'll add your name to the list. This box is US only.

Bookbox rules:
*When you get the box please post here so we can track its progress.
*Journal all books you take out of the box, and take two more than you added.
*Make sure the books you add have the BCID in them. It seems obvious, but I have had times when folks forgot and I had to try and track them down.
*Books do not have to be the first in a series, but before adding take into consideration how they will read as a stand-alone. If the future reader is going to be completely lost, particularly if the series isn't easily found, please consider finding it a home another way.
*Please pass the box on within 2 weeks. If something comes up and you are going to have to hold onto the box a little longer, let me know so we don't have to worry it got lost.
*Feel free to ship the box by the cheapest, slowest postage option.

Shipping Order:
book_drunkard
Loriped
Spatial
BooksnBeer
GoryDetails
AlterEgoZoe
immawinn2
nimrodiel
BookLovinMama
back to Emmejo

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This bookbox will be a mix of everything not from our reality: science fiction, fantasy and horror. Anything that has elements from a different world will fit in here. This round will be a shrinking box, as I will likely be moving this year, and need to weed out some books! Please take 2-3 more books than you add. So if you add 5 books, take 8. If you add 10 books, take 12.

I will need at least five participants to join the box in order to run it. It will probably be a large box, around 25 books. I will hope to start it traveling at the end of February, so people at the beginning of the list will have about a month to collect books.

To join, just post with any shipping preferences (end of list, etc.) and I'll add your name to the list. This box is US only.

Bookbox rules:
*When you get the box please post here so we can track its progress.
*Journal all books you take out of the box, and take two more than you added.
*Make sure the books you add have the BCID in them. It seems obvious, but I have had times when folks forgot and I had to try and track them down.
*Books do not have to be the first in a series, but before adding take into consideration how they will read as a stand-alone. If the future reader is going to be completely lost, particularly if the series isn't easily found, please consider finding it a home another way.
*Please pass the box on within 2 weeks. If something comes up and you are going to have to hold onto the box a little longer, let me know so we don't have to worry it got lost.
*Feel free to ship the box by the cheapest, slowest postage option.

Shipping Order:
book_drunkard
Loriped
Spatial
BooksnBeer
GoryDetails
AlterEgoZoe
immawinn2
nimrodiel
BookLovinMama
back to Emmejo
Profile Image
Thanks for the email. Mom and I both love this bookbox.
Profile Image
Love this book box! If possible, can we be at the bottom of the list. My boys and I are still passing a few back and forth from the last one.
Profile Image
I'm in! Would prefer somewhere in the middle but will go wherever you think works best.
Profile Image

Add me

I'll do another round.
Profile Image
I'd love to join again!
Profile Image
Please put me near the top as I have books ready to move along.
Thanks for PM letting me know that you are readying another round.
:)
Profile Image

I'm in!

Happy to join in on another round. You may want to put me in later in the queue. I'm going to be out of town until the second week in March.
Profile Image
oh count me in. I was bummed to have had to pull out of the last round.
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
I'm hoping to get this box ready to go at the end of next week, so if anyone else wants to join, let me know.

Since we have a pretty good-sized group, I will probably start with 25-30 books, so that even the folks at the end of this shrinking box have a selection to choose from.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.