corner corner ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter A - Round 2

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter A - Round 2

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter A to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 A-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another A-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

Tracking numbers are encouraged. They're free now, & they're helpful for seeing where the book is at any given time.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

All books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
Ollie1976 -- asked to be skipped
heartthumper
Suezq60
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
ravencat
Ann1244
iwillrejoice

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter A to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 A-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another A-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

Tracking numbers are encouraged. They're free now, & they're helpful for seeing where the book is at any given time.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

All books must be registered on BookCrossing.com.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
Ollie1976 -- asked to be skipped
heartthumper
Suezq60
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
ravencat
Ann1244
iwillrejoice

Profile Image
PM'ing you now.

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 9588 4233 78

Happy picking!

Profile Image
I chose Antarctica by Kim Stanley Robinson and the ring is on its way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Antarctica by Kim Stanley Robinson and the ring is on its way.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
by Kix Brooks & Ronnie Dunn with Bill Fitzhugh

pming perryfran for address
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed.

Profile Image
... I selected "After America" by John Birmingham. Looks like a good thriller!

I have already contacted Meekachu07 and will get these moving to him along with the "Z" books ASAP.
Profile Image
These will be on their way soon - maybe today...

Tracking:
Profile Image
These will be on their way soon - maybe today...

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I will select All or Nothing by Elizabeth Adler. I should be able to get all three boxes moving this weekend.
Profile Image
I will select All or Nothing by Elizabeth Adler. I should be able to get all three boxes moving this weekend.

Thanks, Meekachu07.

Profile Image
Books are shipping tomorrow.
Profile Image
Books are shipping tomorrow.

Thanks, Meekachu07.

Profile Image
I am choosing The Ax by Donald E. Westlake.
I need to get the address for the next person and then I will get the books moving again.
Thanks
Profile Image
I've looked through my collection and I have no A's :( I have informed BooksandMusic as well
Profile Image
I've looked through my collection and I have no A's :( I have informed BooksandMusic as well

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Profile Image
to heartthumper. The tracking # is 9549014878828043314826
Profile Image
to heartthumper. The tracking # is 9549014878828043314826

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. I will message the next in line. Thanks for including me!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.