corner corner Sue Grafton - Kinsey Millhone Series Spiral - CLOSED

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Sue Grafton - Kinsey Millhone Series Spiral - CLOSED

I've been gathering this series for a while and with the announcement of Sue Grafton's death I thought it was about time I started reading it. On checking my TBR list, I've discovered I actually have all her books except the last one. There are a couple of hardbacks so I'll try and find a paperback more suitable for posting if anyone would like to take part in a book spiral.

Only rule is sent it on within a month but as I don't really want this to take 2 years, I'll add the suggestion - send it on as soon as possible.

earthcaroleanne
lamelemon (anywhere)
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Ollie1976 (US only)
Sonkku (US & Canada)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've been gathering this series for a while and with the announcement of Sue Grafton's death I thought it was about time I started reading it. On checking my TBR list, I've discovered I actually have all her books except the last one. There are a couple of hardbacks so I'll try and find a paperback more suitable for posting if anyone would like to take part in a book spiral.

Only rule is sent it on within a month but as I don't really want this to take 2 years, I'll add the suggestion - send it on as soon as possible.

earthcaroleanne
lamelemon (anywhere)
reet petite (US - A-G)
diane-fraser (US from H)
Ollie1976 (US only)
Sonkku (US & Canada)
Maranlin (anywhere)
penelopewanders

Profile Image
And think I have the next two or three. If there are takers. I would join at the point I don't hold a copy myself. Also happy to read D in readiness to add to your spiral if you want it :-)
Profile Image

Me please

I'm in. Never been in a spiral before so I may need some help. I haven't read any of the books. Live in the UK & can post anywhere.
Profile Image
Excellent. I'll start off posting to you and we'll slot Diane-Fraser in wherever she wants to start. I've not read A so we've got a bit longer to see if anyone else wants to join.

Diane - can you let me know what letter you want to start from?
Profile Image
Excellent. I'll start off posting to you and we'll slot Diane-Fraser in wherever she wants to start. I've not read A so we've got a bit longer to see if anyone else wants to join.

Diane - can you let me know what letter you want to start from?

H please. I have a few others after that on tbr too. I was thinking if reetpetite OK to post to US put me after her in the spiral and then when its a book I haven't got and want to read she can post to me and then I post to the US bookcrosser. Share the costs a bit. I haven't got most of the second half of the alphabet.
Profile Image
I'm in. Never been in a spiral before so I may need some help. I haven't read any of the books. Live in the UK & can post anywhere.

Are you willing to post to the U.S.?
Profile Image
A Bookspiral (or Book Spiral often in the forum) involves ringing or raying a series of books, one at a time, passed in order to the participants so that when participant one finishes with a book, it is passed to the next participant, and the next book in the series passes to participant one, and so on.

What it doesn't emphasise is that you are posting to the same person all the time. Whoever is last can do whatever they want with them, I don't need them back.
Profile Image
I'm in. I live in USA. I can send anywhere but prefer USA and Canada.
Profile Image
I'm in the US and would prefer to ship only in US please. I can start with A
Profile Image
I only have the Q. I'm in Romania, I can ship anywhere (we have the same costs for anything outside the country).
Profile Image
I’ve have F through to J plus L, O and P so happy to read and share if needed.
Profile Image
I’ve have F through to J plus L, O and P so happy to read and share if needed.

Thanks so much for the offer, I'm looking for O & P in paperback. I'm close to reading a book on your wishlist so I'll happily forward that on to you. There may be another one but I've mislaid the USB stick with my database on it so it will take a physical search. Obviously there is no hurry as these are quite far down the alphabet. Do you need my address?
Profile Image
Please PM me your address and I’ll pop them in the post when I’ve read them.
Profile Image
I haven't read any of these and this sounds like fun. I'm in Canada and can ship anywhere. Thank you!
Profile Image
I'd love to join - I'm in Switzerland, could ship within Europe. I do have some so might skip some? I was reading these in the days before I paid attention to the order of series (shocking, I know!) so I'll have to scout around to see which ones I have. I don't seem to have included them in my normal book inventories. I do know I've read A and B... and think I've read R.

Just a thought - I've been in spirals where we ship 2-4 books together (assuming they're quick reads) - for me that certainly makes the shipping expense lower.
Profile Image
I have no objection if it makes financial sense for people to send a couple of books together.

penelopewanders - if I put you to the end then Maranlin can contact you to see which books you want to skip. That would keep the cost down for her. This would also make it the end of the spiral so I'm going to close this now. Can everyone send your address to the person above you on the list? Olly1976, reet petite will be sending to you until the letter H and then diane-fraser will join in.
Profile Image
I have no objection if it makes financial sense for people to send a couple of books together.

penelopewanders - if I put you to the end then Maranlin can contact you to see which books you want to skip. That would keep the cost down for her. This would also make it the end of the spiral so I'm going to close this now. Can everyone send your address to the person above you on the list? Olly1976, reet petite will be sending to you until the letter H and then diane-fraser will join in.

Sounds great,thanks.
Profile Image
So book 'A' will be on it's way.
Profile Image
I aim to start reading it this week. PMing ReetPetite for an address.
Profile Image
I had hoped to have C read as well but I still have a backlog.
Profile Image
Feel free to bring a couple to Bordeaux to save some postage :)
Profile Image

That's a good idea but I'm travelling beforehand so it will all depends on space.
Profile Image

That's a good idea but I'm travelling beforehand so it will all depends on space.

Well, I posted 'C' to Bordeaux and my whole box of books has gone missing. Krissa remembers it being delivered and will contact me if it turns up. I'm not home until Thursday so if I've not heard from her by the weekend I will buy a new copy.

'D' is safely in lamelemon's hands.
Profile Image

Well, I posted 'C' to Bordeaux and my whole box of books has gone missing. Krissa remembers it being delivered and will contact me if it turns up. I'm not home until Thursday so if I've not heard from her by the weekend I will buy a new copy.

'D' is safely in lamelemon's hands.

Krissa has my books and will forward 'C' to lamelemon.
Profile Image
On it's way
Profile Image
it's very small and I started it right away so as to move it forward quickly :)
Profile Image
received them yesterday
Profile Image
In the post today
Profile Image

C & D

ready to go to Ollie1976

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.