corner corner Small Surprise Bookbox #1 for 2018 CLOSED

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Small Surprise Bookbox #1 for 2018 CLOSED

I am going to start taking names now for this bookbox. I will try to mail this out starting the first week of January.

I would like to start a small bookbox-only 3 books at a time. Various genres. Maybe one hardcover and two softcovers at a time. You can take as many as you want out, just please replace the number you took out. Book for a book. If you take a hardcover, you can replace it with a softcover. I am keeping this in the US only because of shipping costs. Please let me know if you would like to join in.

Once you receive the box, please post on here that you did receive it, what books you decided to keep, and when you sent the box along with tracking number. I ask this so I can keep track of where the box is and if there are any issues, I can try to address them ASAP.

List of Participants:
Egkrynicky
jmsmom
Queen72
rubyrebel
Meekachu07
booboo123
BooksandMusic
Sonkku
perryfran
HI77
Ann1244<----here
booklady331
Ollie1976

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am going to start taking names now for this bookbox. I will try to mail this out starting the first week of January.

I would like to start a small bookbox-only 3 books at a time. Various genres. Maybe one hardcover and two softcovers at a time. You can take as many as you want out, just please replace the number you took out. Book for a book. If you take a hardcover, you can replace it with a softcover. I am keeping this in the US only because of shipping costs. Please let me know if you would like to join in.

Once you receive the box, please post on here that you did receive it, what books you decided to keep, and when you sent the box along with tracking number. I ask this so I can keep track of where the box is and if there are any issues, I can try to address them ASAP.

List of Participants:
Egkrynicky
jmsmom
Queen72
rubyrebel
Meekachu07
booboo123
BooksandMusic
Sonkku
perryfran
HI77
Ann1244<----here
booklady331
Ollie1976
Profile Image
I'll join in on this to start off the New Year. Thanks for hosting again, Ollie1976, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!! ; )
Profile Image
I'll join in on this to start off the New Year. Thanks for hosting again, Ollie1976, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!! ; )

Thank you-Happy Holidays.
Profile Image
I’d like to join.
Profile Image
I’d like to join.

gotcha down
Profile Image

Me please

Thanks!
Profile Image
Thanks!

have you down
Profile Image

I’ll join!

Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Profile Image
Please add me to the list. Thanks!

have you down
Profile Image

ill join

please add me
Profile Image
please add me

have you down
Profile Image

Please

do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it. This box is not ready to be posted. The books have NOT been gathered. I will reach out to the first member when the box is ready AFTER the New Year.

I only post this because I have received 2 addresses from participants. I appreciate the excitement but please wait until participants ask for it. I personally will lose the addresses this early and would have to ask for it anyway.

Thank you
Profile Image
do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it.
To my knowledge, this had not been mentioned before, and sending an address (I forgot) in a PM when joining in is a "norm" for many. I've decided not to participate this time around, afterall...so please remove me from your list. Thank you.
Profile Image
do NOT send me your address unless I specifically ask for it.
To my knowledge, this had not been mentioned before, and sending an address (I forgot) in a PM when joining in is a "norm" for many. I've decided not to participate this time around, afterall...so please remove me from your list. Thank you.

you have been removed
Profile Image
Please add me
Profile Image
Please add me

have you down
Profile Image

Please

add me for 2018, The last one was fun.
Profile Image

RE: Please

add me for 2018, The last one was fun.

have you down
Profile Image

yes

I would like to participate.
Profile Image

RE: yes

I would like to participate.

have you down
Profile Image

I am in

I am in, this is fun. Thank you for organizing.
Profile Image
I am in, this is fun. Thank you for organizing.

have you down
Profile Image
Thanks
Profile Image
Thanks

have you down
Profile Image

:)

I'd like to join in please. :)
Profile Image

RE: :)

I'd like to join in please. :)

have you down
Profile Image
on Friday. If you would like to join in, please say so. After the last box, I need to have everyone understand that they need to post when they receive the box, when they send it out, and post the tracking number.
Profile Image
I would like to join please
Profile Image
I would like to join please

have you down
Profile Image
Tracking number is 9549026526118005235775 to Egkrynicky...should be there by next Friday

Reminders:
Please post to the forum when you receive, what you took out, when you sent it along with the tracking number.
I started it off with 3 mainstream paperbacks and one small paperback. 3 books in the box is all that is needed to keep this going. They can be any genre and hardcover or softcover. I hope that you enjoy.
Profile Image
box arrived on 1/12/18
Profile Image
I received a pm asking for address yesterday afternoon and have sent it. If it wasn't received, let me know.
Profile Image
Hi jmsmom! Your bookbox is on it’s way. The USPS tracking # is 9549 0154 0276 8013 0654 58. The estimated arrival is Saturday 01/20/2018
Profile Image

Books

I took out two books: Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover’s soul and From Potter’s Field by Patricia Cornwell.
Profile Image

thank you

for the updates and tracking info. Hope you enjoy the books you picked out.
Profile Image
box was delivered on 1/19/18.
Profile Image
Have pmed Queen72 for address. Will get it off next week provided I have the address.
Profile Image
Have pmed Queen72 for address. Will get it off next week provided I have the address.

thank you!
Profile Image
Message received and I pm'd jmsmom my address.
Profile Image
Message received and I pm'd jmsmom my address.

thank you
Profile Image
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

There were more than 3 books in this pkg and I kept 4

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Dance of Death by Dale Hudson
Paris for One by Jojo Moyes
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver
Profile Image

There were more than 3 books in this pkg and I kept 4

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Dance of Death by Dale Hudson
Paris for One by Jojo Moyes
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver

thank you!
Profile Image
I have requested rubyrebels address.

I kept Lord of the Flies from the box.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14745086
Profile Image
I have requested rubyrebels address.

I kept Lord of the Flies from the box.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14745086

thank you
Profile Image
Profile Image
heard from Queen72 and they are mailing it out to rubyrebel today
Profile Image

REMINDER

please remember to post tracking numbers or you can PM me. I need these to follow-up on where the box is and it helps prevent me from having to harass participants on the whereabouts.
Profile Image
Sorry, but this is the first chance I've had to log in this week. The box was shipped on 2/2 and should be delivered 2/8.
Profile Image
Sorry, but this is the first chance I've had to log in this week. The box was shipped on 2/2 and should be delivered 2/8.

thank you!
Profile Image
bookbox was delivered on 2/9/18
Profile Image
Profile Image
I just need to send it out.

Took out one book - Christmas pie
Put in the running man
Profile Image
I just need to send it out.

Took out one book - Christmas pie
Put in the running man

thank you
Profile Image
Please please please communicate about the status of the box. I completely understand if the box needs to be held up. I just ask that I'm notified. I do not like asking about where the box is all the time.
Also, tracking numbers are a necessity. This helps me track it down if something happens and also allows you to go back to the post office if something happens to it.
Profile Image
I will select "Stones into Schools" by Greg Mortenson.

I am PMing next in line. I am finishing up a book right now that I'd like to add to this box, so it will ship by Saturday.
Profile Image
I will select "Stones into Schools" by Greg Mortenson.

I am PMing next in line. I am finishing up a book right now that I'd like to add to this box, so it will ship by Saturday.

Thank you!
Profile Image
If not, add me
Profile Image
If not, add me

I have you added
Profile Image

Shipped

Placed in blue box, but they won't get picked up til Monday

Tracking: 9449009699937406578248
Profile Image
Placed in blue box, but they won't get picked up til Monday

Tracking: 9449009699937406578248

thank you
Profile Image
I got the book box yesterday. I chose The Jane Austen Miscellany by Lesley Bolton. Love Jane Austen. I have a busy week ahead so the book box probably won't be mailed until the middle or end of next week.
Profile Image
I got the book box yesterday. I chose The Jane Austen Miscellany by Lesley Bolton. Love Jane Austen. I have a busy week ahead so the book box probably won't be mailed until the middle or end of next week.

ok-thank you!
Profile Image
to Books and Music. I mailed it today
Tracking #9549011773698078159878
Happy reading everybody!
Profile Image
thank you for the update and tracking number
Profile Image
and chose The Running Man by Stephen King. I've PM'd Sonkku for her address.
Profile Image
and chose The Running Man by Stephen King. I've PM'd Sonkku for her address.

thank you
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549014878828085332246
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549014878828085332246

thank you!
Profile Image
I received books. West have visitors and we will Be traveling on end of the Weekend hence it looks like that I will check the books on next week.
Profile Image
I received books. West have visitors and we will Be traveling on end of the Weekend hence it looks like that I will check the books on next week.

thank you for the update
Profile Image
to put on page 1 for easier access
Profile Image
I chose The Staircase by Ann Rinaldi and The Leopard by Jo Nesbo. I sent PM to Perryfran for address. If I receive the address on time, I will send bookbox out tomorrow.

Books on mail. Tracking # is 9549 0106 0277 8111 1662 95
Profile Image
I received the bookbox today. I will look them over and decide what to keep. (By the way, there are now 4 books in the box). I will also contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

Edit 4/28/18: I will select the following:
The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman

Profile Image
I received the bookbox today. I will look them over and decide what to keep. (By the way, there are now 4 books in the box). I will also contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

Edit 4/28/18: I will select the following:
The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman

thank you!
Profile Image
...will be in the mail tomorrow.

Tracking:

awesome-thank you!
Profile Image
it was delivered on 5/7/18
Profile Image

Yes, the box is here safe and sound. ;)

📦
Profile Image

Yes, the box is here safe and sound. ;)

📦

awesome-thank you
Profile Image
Profile Image

bumping

to put on page 1
Profile Image

An update; I've attempted to put this out in the mail at my home twice now and the mail people never pick it up. Monday is a holiday, so I will have to put this out on Tuesday at the actual post office.

Here is the tracking #: 9449009699938489987965
Profile Image

An update; I've attempted to put this out in the mail at my home twice now and the mail people never pick it up. Monday is a holiday, so I will have to put this out on Tuesday at the actual post office.

Here is the tracking #: 9449009699938489987965

Thank you for the update!
Profile Image
this was delivered on 6/4-please update
Profile Image
to Ann personally but she seems to be MIA

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.