corner corner ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Z

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Z

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Z to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Z-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Z-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
ravencat
perryfran
Meekachu07
innae
LynnGorman
Suezq60
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
booklady331
lane1088
BooksnBeer
mrsjones
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Z to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Z-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Z-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
ravencat
perryfran
Meekachu07
innae
LynnGorman
Suezq60
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
booklady331
lane1088
BooksnBeer
mrsjones
me

Profile Image
PM incoming...

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 8973 3984 51

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Got home yesterday afternoon and books went out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
Profile Image
Got home yesterday afternoon and books went out today.

I chose Zeitoun by Dave Eggers

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
pming the next person, will make a decision and get them back in the mail soon
Profile Image
is the book I chose. Hope to get the ring back in the mail on Friday.
Profile Image
is the book I chose. Hope to get the ring back in the mail on Friday.

Thanks, Southernfryed.

Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed.

Profile Image
I chose ZOO by James Patterson. I should have the books back out again tomorrow.
Profile Image
I chose ZOO by James Patterson. I should have the books back out again tomorrow.

OK, thanks, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
Tracking # 840-5980-0055-002-00021-44390-02
Profile Image
Books arrived and I have chosen "Zorro" by Isabel Allende. PM next in line.
Profile Image
Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2524 8012 2367 26
Profile Image
Books on the way to perryfran USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2524 8012 2367 26

Thanks, ravencat.

Profile Image
Decided to keep "The Zero Factor" by William Johnson. This one looks a little dated but may still be a good thriller. The other book was pretty much outside my reading interests.

I'll contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.
Profile Image
As BooksnBeer is going to be out of town for a few weeks, I've moved her down the list for another chance later. No point in holding things up for everyone, I'd rather keep the books moving.

Which brings up a good discussion point... If you know you're going to be out of town when contacted for your address, please ask me to just move you down the list. That way, things will keep moving, & you'll get another chance later., when you're available.

Thanks, everyone!

Profile Image
These will be on their way soon - maybe today...

Tracking:

Profile Image
These will be on their way soon - maybe today...

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran.

Profile Image
I have selected "Zen and the Art of Vampires" by Katie MacAlister. PMing next in line.
Profile Image
These will ship out tomorrow
Profile Image
These will ship out tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07.

Profile Image
I am selecting The Zero Game (14897419) as I am not truly interested in either book, this is the heavier of the two. I will be getting LynnGorman's address asap and will get these headed out again soon!
Profile Image
I am keeping Zero Cool by John Lange & sending a PM to the next person in line.
I am a bit sad to finally reach the letter Z! It has been 4 YEARS & 3 months since I received the A books!! Thanks, iwillrejoice for starting this book ring & thanks everyone else for all the great books that have found new homes along the way!! ;)
Profile Image
I am keeping Zero Cool by John Lange & sending a PM to the next person in line.
I am a bit sad to finally reach the letter Z! It has been 4 YEARS & 3 months since I received the A books!! Thanks, iwillrejoice for starting this book ring & thanks everyone else for all the great books that have found new homes along the way!! ;)

Thanks for joining us, LynnGorman. Glad you had fun!

Profile Image
are on their way to Suezq60!
Profile Image
are on their way to Suezq60!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
The books arrived yesterday, I will choose one and send them on their way shortly.
Profile Image

Z Books

Raralovestoread has asked to be skipped, I will send the books on to NancyNova later this week.
Profile Image
Raralovestoread has asked to be skipped, I will send the books on to NancyNova later this week.

OK, thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image
Books were mailed on Friday, tracking # 9549-0114-0647-8075-1221-02
Profile Image
Books were mailed on Friday, tracking # 9549-0114-0647-8075-1221-02

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
but I haven't finished the replacement yet. PM'g the next in line while I read fast!
Profile Image
mailed out yesterday.

Tracking # 9549 0143 7797 8097 2406 29
Profile Image
mailed out yesterday.

Tracking # 9549 0143 7797 8097 2406 29

Thanks, NancyNova.

P.S. What did you choose?

Profile Image
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7142699

I've already added my book and packaged them to mail out, I have heartthumper's address, but will just let them know the books are coming, and then will mail them. Watch here for tracking number.
Profile Image
9114 9014 9645 1235 9891 85

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I'll make my choice and get them on their way. Thanks!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.