corner corner Favourite Book of 2017 Book Roundabout CLOSED

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Favourite Book of 2017 Book Roundabout CLOSED

Thanks to Earthcaroleanne, who has done an amazing job organising this for the last few years. I have loved taking part in this for the past two years and have discovered some new favourite authors through it. I hope that I can ably fill her shoes.

Sign-up will stay open until we have a maximum of 12 people taking part and it will be international as long as there are enough people to post overseas.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

** A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.

** So first, choose the book you enjoyed reading the most in 2017 or the one that you most want to share with other bookcrossers. It can be from any genre, fiction or non-fiction, but must be reasonably light to post internationally. No hardbacks please.

** PM me with your shipping preferences and address (I’ll only use this to pass to the person who will be posting to you). I will do my best to match everybody up.

** I will send out a list of participants and, in January 2018, you send your book to the next person on the list.

** You will receive a book in January. You read it and then in February, send it on to the next person on the list. Repeat until you have read all 12 books and your book has returned to you.

** Regularly visit this forum conversation to update everyone when you post or receive a book, so we can see that the roundabout is still working smoothly and no books have got lost.

SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE SIGNING UP

** There will be a maximum of 12 participants and the idea is to send one book a month. This means you have to commit to READING and POSTING one book a month. If you don’t think you can do that for the whole of 2018, then this isn’t the roundabout for you.

** Please don’t mention the title of the book you’ve sent or received in this forum post - books should be a surprise.

** There may be a risk you’ll receive a book you’ve already read. But by signing up for the roundabout, you agree to post 12 books out and part of the fun is reading other people’s comments. DO NOT SKIP someone on the list just because they have read the book you are sending.

** When choosing a book, please try to avoid books that have been used on previous year’s roundabouts (earthcaroleanne has a fantastic list on her profile page if you would like to check or get an idea of the sort of books sent).

And that’s it! Happy Reading.

FINAL POSTING ORDER OF PARTICIPANTS
1 Dark-Draco (UK)
2 Estelle1806 (Ireland)
3 Bookwormess (Finland)
4 Fifna (Netherlands)
5 Marsala (Netherlands)
6 Icila (France)
7 Weeder (USA)
8 Aramena (USA)
9 JudySlump612 (USA)
10 Mathgirl40 (Canada)
11 Lamilla (Belarus)
12 Earthcaroleanne (UK)

PS. I’ll once again be designing a new logo to add to my release notes for this roundabout - if anyone would like a copy to add to their’s, then I’ll make it available on my profile page for you to copy.

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
Thanks to Earthcaroleanne, who has done an amazing job organising this for the last few years. I have loved taking part in this for the past two years and have discovered some new favourite authors through it. I hope that I can ably fill her shoes.

Sign-up will stay open until we have a maximum of 12 people taking part and it will be international as long as there are enough people to post overseas.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

** A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.

** So first, choose the book you enjoyed reading the most in 2017 or the one that you most want to share with other bookcrossers. It can be from any genre, fiction or non-fiction, but must be reasonably light to post internationally. No hardbacks please.

** PM me with your shipping preferences and address (I’ll only use this to pass to the person who will be posting to you). I will do my best to match everybody up.

** I will send out a list of participants and, in January 2018, you send your book to the next person on the list.

** You will receive a book in January. You read it and then in February, send it on to the next person on the list. Repeat until you have read all 12 books and your book has returned to you.

** Regularly visit this forum conversation to update everyone when you post or receive a book, so we can see that the roundabout is still working smoothly and no books have got lost.

SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE SIGNING UP

** There will be a maximum of 12 participants and the idea is to send one book a month. This means you have to commit to READING and POSTING one book a month. If you don’t think you can do that for the whole of 2018, then this isn’t the roundabout for you.

** Please don’t mention the title of the book you’ve sent or received in this forum post - books should be a surprise.

** There may be a risk you’ll receive a book you’ve already read. But by signing up for the roundabout, you agree to post 12 books out and part of the fun is reading other people’s comments. DO NOT SKIP someone on the list just because they have read the book you are sending.

** When choosing a book, please try to avoid books that have been used on previous year’s roundabouts (earthcaroleanne has a fantastic list on her profile page if you would like to check or get an idea of the sort of books sent).

And that’s it! Happy Reading.

FINAL POSTING ORDER OF PARTICIPANTS
1 Dark-Draco (UK)
2 Estelle1806 (Ireland)
3 Bookwormess (Finland)
4 Fifna (Netherlands)
5 Marsala (Netherlands)
6 Icila (France)
7 Weeder (USA)
8 Aramena (USA)
9 JudySlump612 (USA)
10 Mathgirl40 (Canada)
11 Lamilla (Belarus)
12 Earthcaroleanne (UK)

PS. I’ll once again be designing a new logo to add to my release notes for this roundabout - if anyone would like a copy to add to their’s, then I’ll make it available on my profile page for you to copy.
Profile Image

Yes please!

Count me in again please. This is always lots of fun!
Profile Image
I love the favourites roundabout (and especially love a surprise package) so would still like to take part. Could I stick to UK postage if possible please?
Profile Image
I can only ship within Europe. (incl. UK)
Profile Image
It's ok with me. No need to feed the Post. But I wasn't aware of the fact and waiting for 4 books.
Perhaps checking the bookshelves before choosing a book to verify that too many people hadn't already read it ? Just my two cents.

I'm ready to participate in 2018. Mailing Int. Thank you.
Profile Image
I think Billbooks is posting to you. He just journalled another book in the ring saying that he had fallen behind due to health issues in his family, so there might be something on the way soon. Also it's possible there are a couple of books held up by Leahjett as well. I've been waiting on the last 2 for a couple of months now.
Profile Image

Thanks

Fifna, Icilia, Earthcaroleanne - you're all in for another year :)
Profile Image
Please add me to this list.
Profile Image
...and I would like to join, sounds like fun! Please add me, thank you.
Profile Image

I'm in again

Profile Image

Thanks

weeder, estelle1806 and Lamilla - you're in :)
Profile Image
eta: my brains froze for a moment and I hit the enter too early...

I meant to write that this sound really interesting as you won't know which books you get to read. And that is the essence on Bookcrossing - you're introduced to new things all the time.

Prefer shipping in EU as the mailing rates in Finland are quite outrageous.
Profile Image
Prefer shipping in EU

Do you mean European Union or Europe in general?
Profile Image
Prefer shipping in EU

Do you mean European Union or Europe in general?

Oh, good question. I think Europe in general is ok, as our postal services divides the rates in "Europe" and "Other countries". :)
Profile Image
I prefer shipping withing Europe :)

Now I have to think about the book I will chose for this roundabout!
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I have two wonderful choices - I suppose I'll decide by whichever weighs less.
Profile Image
Anyone else want to join?
Profile Image
Could I be included please? I'm happy to ship anywhere.
Profile Image
I'd like to join if you're still taking names. Sounds like a great way to discover some new authors!
Profile Image

DONE!

We have our 12 participants for 2018. Thank you so much. I will be sending you all PM's shortly with addresses.
Profile Image
Especially for organizing this. Got your PM, made my excel to follow the roundabout (yes, I'm an excel lover) but still waiting for my book to arrive. The one I read was from library so I needed to order an English version of it. It should be here before Christmas, hopefully in time for January. :)
Profile Image
to Earthcaroleanne's address. The order states it will take only a couple of days for the book to arrive. Stay tuned! :)
Profile Image
to Earthcaroleanne's address. The order states it will take only a couple of days for the book to arrive. Stay tuned! :)

It's arrived. Have you registered it?
Profile Image
Received a pm with Icila's adress, thank you dark-draco! I ordered my book a couple of days ago and it should be arriving shortly, then I will send it on.
Profile Image
My book should be in the mail to JudySlump612 early next week.
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing the roundabout, Dark-Draco! I'm looking forward to reading the books. I've sent mine out already and hopefully, it'll complete the overseas trip by January.
Profile Image
The book I ordered arrived so I'll register it, make it pretty and send it to Fifna in few days. Not sure if it'll be there before Christmas but it's on it's way. :)
Profile Image
...To be sure nobody had already read the book I choose, it w'll be on its way to Weeder in USA.
Profile Image
Looks interesting!
My favourite will be posted out on Saturday so it has time to get there for the new year.
Profile Image
Many thanks for the book, will get to it this evening!
Thank you also for the labels, they will be put to good use ;-)
Profile Image
...today, on its way to Finland. Hope you like it bookwormess.
Merry Christmas *<[:{ )
Profile Image
has arrived here.
Profile Image
And just in time for the holidays. :)
Profile Image

Sent my book

to marsala yesterday.
Profile Image
I didn't check in when I sent my book to JudySlump612 on the 18th, but she journalled it's receipt on the 27th.
Profile Image
I mailed my January book to mathgirl40 this afternoon. Unfortunately, estimated arrival date isn't available for international mailing, but it went first class, so it shouldn't take too long. And as Aramena has said, her book reached me last week.
Profile Image
My book from Fifna has arrived safely and my book is on it's way to Icila.
Profile Image
I’m a bit early but I want to keep the books moving. estelle1806’s book is now on it’s way to Fifna. Dropped it in the mailbox yesterday evening, it’ll take almost two weeks to arrive.
Profile Image
I've finished bookwormess' book and will hand it to marsala next Sunday when I see her in Amsterdam.
Profile Image
JudySlump612's book arrived, along with an extra wishlist book. Thank you for your generosity!!
Profile Image
Arrived today.
Profile Image
has arrived here.
Profile Image
Lamilla's book arrived over the weekend and Earthcaroleanne's book has been posted onwards today.
Profile Image
Lamilla's book arrived over the weekend and Earthcaroleanne's book has been posted onwards today.

Well received today dark-draco! Thanks
Profile Image
... is on its way to bookwormess in Finland.
Profile Image
dark-draco's book is here. Thank you estelle1806 for the teabags, bookmark and cute post-it's! :)
Profile Image
but I mailed off the book for February on January 18, so hopefully it'll arrive at it's destination soon.
Profile Image
February's book went out to Mathgirl40 this afternoon. It's a short enough book that she should easily be able to finish it within the month.
Profile Image
I apologize that my book hasn't seemed to reach Lamilla yet. I'd sent it out Dec. 6 by surface mail, thinking that it would arrive in January. Mail from Canada to Europe is slow, but it's rarely this slow! Hopefully it will get there soon.

In the meantime, I've read and finished JudySlump612's book and sent it to Earthcaroleanne, as Lamilla asked to be skipped. I sent it on Jan. 26 and hope it'll arrive by early March.

I'll try to read the next one promptly and I'll send it by airmail to get things back on track!
Profile Image
I apologize that my book hasn't seemed to reach Lamilla yet. I'd sent it out Dec. 6 by surface mail, thinking that it would arrive in January. Mail from Canada to Europe is slow, but it's rarely this slow! Hopefully it will get there soon.

I hope it is coming my way (albeit slow) rather than being returned by our customs for one reason or the other (happened in the past).
Mail to Belarus does take a long time, but usually no more than 6 weeks %)
Profile Image
I hope it is coming my way (albeit slow) rather than being returned by our customs for one reason or the other (happened in the past).
Mail to Belarus does take a long time, but usually no more than 6 weeks %)

I hope so too. It's more likely that the book got caught in the Christmas slowdown.
Profile Image
Just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping track where each book is traveling. Obviously based on this thread.

And just because excel sheets are fun (and it keeps me busy from doing the essays for my studies). ;)
Profile Image
I addressed it incorrectly and it was returned by the post office today. I'm readdressing it now and will drop it off at the post office on my home tonight!
Profile Image
I have send on Fifna's and Bookwormess's books on to Icila a couple of days ago.
Profile Image
Thank you Marsala !
Profile Image
is travelling to marsala. Shouldn't take more than a day or so to get there.
Profile Image
is travelling to marsala. Shouldn't take more than a day or so to get there.

It's here now!
Profile Image
Arrived yesterday!
Profile Image
is on its way to Lamilla now.
Profile Image
And it arrived today. That was unbelievably quick! :)
Profile Image
Mailed today to mathgirl40.
Profile Image
is with me
Profile Image
Can't wait to see what I get next!
Profile Image
Weeder's book, sent by JudySlump612, is with me now.

I'm happy to see that Lamilla has received Aramena's book, but I'm afraid that the first two books I've sent (my own to Lamilla and JudySlump612's to earthcaroleanne) are still in transit!

As mentioned earlier, I made the mistake of using surface mail, thinking I had enough time for these first books. I've sent many books to Europe and they've never taken more than 2 months and frequently, they've taken much less, but my first book has now been in transit for 3 months. If it doesn't arrive by next week, I will consider it lost and order another copy, to be sent directly to Lamilla.
Profile Image
If it doesn't arrive by next week

I keep my fingers crossed! Will ask at the post office next time I'm there, too
Profile Image
Arrived safely in Minneapolis, USA today, and it sure looks good!
Profile Image
but I'm afraid there is still no sign of Mathgirl40's book.
Profile Image
but I'm afraid there is still no sign of Mathgirl40's book.

I'm glad to hear JudySlump612's book got there safely. My own book is the one that's been over 3 months in transit to Lamilla. As I'd mentioned earlier, if it doesn't arrive after the weekend, I'll order another copy to be sent directly.
Profile Image
is on the way to earthcaroleanne
Profile Image
is on the way to earthcaroleanne

Just to let you know I'm travelling before and after the convention. This one is OK but anything else needs to arrive before the 6th or after the 26th. I wouldn't want anything else returned.
Profile Image
anything else needs to arrive before the 6th or after the 26th

I have no control over the book's travelling time. Just let me know when you're ready to receive again.
Profile Image
anything else needs to arrive before the 6th or after the 26th

I have no control over the book's travelling time. Just let me know when you're ready to receive again.

I'm sure that book will arrive in time. I was letting you know for the next book (if you don't think it will fit through a letterbox).
Profile Image
Phew, that's a relief. It finally got there!

Weeder's book is on the way to Lamilla now.
Profile Image
As soon as I finish my current read - which should be in the next couple of days - I'll start one of these.
Profile Image
Will post it tomorrow to bookwormess.
Profile Image
Not sure if I'll get this read before going on holiday but I'll try. Won't take it with me to read in case it ends up on the convention book buffet.
Profile Image
Mailed today to Mathgirl40
Profile Image
Mailed today to Mathgirl40

It has arrived!
Profile Image
Is on it's way to Fifna.
Profile Image
will be in the post on Monday
Profile Image
Arrived safely in Minneapolis, USA today. Thank you, Aramena!
Profile Image
I had already read it.
Profile Image
has arrived here. The envelope was torn and the postal service had put it in a sealbag. I think that may have delayed it a bit though.

This is my book for March... I'll do my best to get it read and moving as soon as possible.
Profile Image
has arrived in Finland. It's my April book, so all is quite well in the schedule.
Profile Image
Is on its way to Lamilla now.
Profile Image
I've received the replacement book that weeder bought for bookwormess' book which I gather got lost in the mail somewhere. Haven't had many books get lost over the years, but I guess it's bound to happen now and again. Anyway, I started reading it yesterday.
Profile Image
Is on the way to earthcaroleanne
Profile Image

Update

Today I mailed marsala's book to mathgirl40. Also, Fifna's book arrived here two weeks ago, on April 18. I'll try to stay more current in future.
Profile Image
I believe there has been delays in the post...
Profile Image
If my calculations are correct, you were due Mathgirl40's book in April as I was in February. This book went on a trip of it's own and there was talk of getting a replacement but I think the original turned up. So it has a little catching up to do.

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.