corner corner Announcement & question regarding the VBBs for 1001(-library) books

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Announcement & question regarding the VBBs for 1001(-library) books

Last year I organised two VBBs, one for 1001-library books and one for books that are on one of the 1001-lists but that are not library books.

I promised you, that in fall of 2017 I would organise another round for both versions.

With pain in my heart I must say, that at this moment I cannot organise another round. I know it is fall one year later, but there has been a lot going on in my life that has taken its toll on me. I'm not in good shape right now and my primary focus is now getting better. I do read (slowly), but I can't handle anything that adds pressure.

If someone else wants to pick up the organisation for this year's VBBs, that would be awesome. I have both library- and non-library books available. I could donate to the VBBs or, if you want to read them and if you are in Europe: please feel free to make a request.
(For the 1001-library books goes: you need to be a member of the 1001-library to request one.)

If there's no volunteer, for me that's okay too. Then we'll see how things are in 2018.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Last year I organised two VBBs, one for 1001-library books and one for books that are on one of the 1001-lists but that are not library books.

I promised you, that in fall of 2017 I would organise another round for both versions.

With pain in my heart I must say, that at this moment I cannot organise another round. I know it is fall one year later, but there has been a lot going on in my life that has taken its toll on me. I'm not in good shape right now and my primary focus is now getting better. I do read (slowly), but I can't handle anything that adds pressure.

If someone else wants to pick up the organisation for this year's VBBs, that would be awesome. I have both library- and non-library books available. I could donate to the VBBs or, if you want to read them and if you are in Europe: please feel free to make a request.
(For the 1001-library books goes: you need to be a member of the 1001-library to request one.)

If there's no volunteer, for me that's okay too. Then we'll see how things are in 2018.
Profile Image
So sorry to hear you are feeling like that at the moment.
I learned from own experience it is not always possible to do what you wanted. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you will soon be regaining some strength and begin to feel better. ALL the best to you!!

I am not able to offer to host the VBB's myself at this point in time either.
No strength, and too complicated life just now..

Best wishes!!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.